Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should You Use Infrared Light in Your Grow Room?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should You Use Infrared Light in Your Grow Room?

I say yes in case of LED.
    YES
    100.00%
    NO
    0%
    Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
    Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
    Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
    Full auto grow
    Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
    12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

me not versed in that is that like a chicken lamp heater ? I used it to heat a 3x3 during spring for auto flowers other tent was busy
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

The LED panels I've got have infrared diodes and I'm not disappointed with the results.
      Coconut Grove
      4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
      4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
      32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
      Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

I believe my light fixture (roi-e680) has a few IR diodes in it. If they really do anything or not is yet to be seen.
        5x5 Gorilla tent
        Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
        Infinity T8 exhaust fan
        Technaflora nutes
        Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

Now I’m not sure what spectral range you are referring to as infra-red, but Far-red is certainly beneficial.

As for UV...I’m waiting to see more proper data on it before entertaining the notion of adding it to my tent.
          There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
          1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
          2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
          3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

YYCannabis I’m with you... I remember the posts of gigantic buds, top heavy with glistening diamonds. I will add this: I have used UV-B as recommended with a schedule posted by Solacure on their web pages. I have had no negative effects using it as directed there. I have also had , what we consider to be, supreme results with Black cherry punch and GDP using 2 four foot tubes. Can I prove efficacy or quantified data as to whether these varieties were benefited by these lamps .. probably not. But I’m more than happy with the end result.

Comment

• YYCannabis
              YYCannabis commented
              Editing a comment
              It’s sooo tempting to buy some. But i think FR for flowering is my next upgrade. (I try to upgrade something in my grow space after every garden finishes) 👍

Dr. Bugbee just released a new vid about UV. Now I’m certainly more intrigued, just going to wait to hear more from him on duration of exposure.
            There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
            1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
            2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
            3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

• Tedtheclown
              Tedtheclown commented
              Editing a comment
              Ive been watching alot of his videos, im sure alot of people on here could learn a thing or 2!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X