Trim or not to trim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trim or not to trim

So I just finished training this plant(over 6 weeks old), it's been growing untied for a a day or 2 and the leafs in the middle are starting to stack on top of each other, pushing one another, even twisting some new growth. I don't know if that's normal or I should just take some leafs off so it's more manageable. Thanks for any reply​​​​​​.

Last edited by Gettinit; 02-22-2021, 04:11 AM.

No issues taking large fans off. It encourages faster growth

Comment

That looks like PH problem starting to develop, or too much water. But since the jagged edges of leaves are curled upwards, it seems like PH problem to me. Is that pure coco medium?

Comment

Originally posted by GraviTom View Post
        That looks like PH problem starting to develop, or too much water. But since the jagged edges of leaves are curled upwards, it seems like PH problem to me. Is that pure coco medium?
        Yes pure coco

Comment

• GraviTom
          GraviTom commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't know how coco behave, only that it's pretty empty medium. Do you track your PH every time? I made a mistake and learned the hard way that water in my area changes PH. I lost one month and about 50% yield because of shock. On other one I had the same signs, jagged edges streaching upwards, followed by discoloration. It was overwatering, the earth around plant was dry but root made a ball and retained water in it. But dude...you have cut this plant about 6 times, right? Why?
          Last edited by GraviTom; 02-22-2021, 03:21 PM.

How big is that pot? Are you going to transplant?
        If so mix in about 30% perlite in your next pot, it will improve your drainage.
        Did you preload the coco with calmag? If not it could be causing a pH problem.
        Nebula has an excellent tutorial for coco, it is what she excels with. Do what she says and you'll do ok for a first timer!
        Happy farming!
        2X4X6 Quictent
        1.5x3x5 Gorilla tent
        600w LED (80)
        1000w LED (180)
        2 X Viparspectra P-1000
        2 X 4" fan with carbon filter ducted to unused boiler chimney
        6" battery/usb fans
        Mother Earth 70/30 coco/perlite
        GH trio with Calimagic
        Lung room humidifier
        3 and 5 gal plastic buckets Nebulas coco for autos nute schedule.
        ArmorSi, kelp when needed
        Running at pH 6.0

Grow 3
        Northern Lights auto
        (Seedsman)
        auto 00 Kush
        (00Seeds)

Grow 4 8/23
        2x Northern lights auto
        1 auto 00 Kush
        1 Critical photo

Don't just "grow weed",
        Cultivate a masterpiece.

Comment

• Gettinit
          Gettinit commented
          Editing a comment
          This is my final pot(14L or 3Gal), yes I did preload my coco with calmag at the right ph. I'll check out nebula, thanks man.

Good looking plant. I don't see anything that can't be bent or tucked away from bud sites.

Comment

• Gettinit
          Gettinit commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks dude, I really put a lot of time into it. It kinda looks like a small tree.

13 bud sites, one cut and one time defoliation. That is why I asked about you cutting your plant so much. This is 6 l container, once I put it in 11 l bag it will explode.

Comment

• Gettinit
          Gettinit commented
          Editing a comment
          I can't see your photo. About the cutting, I followed a technique called mainlining or manifolding so I topped 3 times(cut off 7 total tops) for 8 main colas.

Here I hope you can see it now...I topped after 4th node, but I topped only 2/3 off top. That way you get 3 branches instead of 2.
        Last edited by GraviTom; 02-23-2021, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X