First plant.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First plant.

Hi. New member, first plant. Random seed has grown to this. On 12/12 lights 3-4 weeks now. Schedule got interrupted by cold in San Antonio. Power off 2 days so it was 2 led Maglites. Looking for comments on these pics. Am I doing this right?

Hey, Ray. Welcome to GWE.
    She looks pretty. Looks a little leggy, like she could use more light. Other than that she looks fabulous.
    There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
    1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
    2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
    3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

First thought needs more light, if light is good then maybe strain/genetics. Other than that as YYCannabis said looks good.

Comment

The wife and I started this plant as a project out boredom. Never grew one before. How hard can it be? Sprout a seed, plant it, grow a plant. Simple, right? We had no idea. I guess that works fine if we want hemp. Wife named her Henrietta, now like one of the kids. Will probably need to take the buds without killing her. Almost died at about 18'' from what I think was MiracleGro plant food. Came back after full root rinse and transplant. Now using Alaska Morebloom. Limited on space and lighting. She's in a box, fan hole in the bottom, total dark and two 100w led clip ons and a 12'' under cabinet led 12/12. Recently part of the big power outages in TX (for the coldest week in decades) so she spent 2 full days and big parts of more cold, under two 4 batt led Maglites. Seems to have gotten through it ok. She's tough. Learning as we go, we'll raise her best we can. Any comments or useful advice from more experienced ''parents'' are always welcome.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Well Ray888 i feel you pain on those power outages we been through more than i care to remember. All you can do is give her as much light as you can with what you got plus a little bit of air movement to help strength those flower stems.

there is a lot more that could be said here but suffice it to say if you are doing it as an experiment or hobby without investing in proper lighting then realistically the expectations should be low especially on yield.

Nutrients are great for improving yield but ultimately the best thing for the plant is full spectrum light. You'd be better off sticking it in a sunny spot (when the sun comes out) than using 100w bulbs. that is the reason it is so "stringy looking".

It looks healthy otherwise. if the cold continues try propping a blanket over and around it in the dark period.
        I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

Congrats on your first plant - what a great hobby!

Looks good to me. A lack of light will keep her flowering so no worries there. I agree with BudGal that getting some air moving is an inexpensive "must".

Other than that just ph your water and enjoy your first grow :-)

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X