Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Put her in the dark before she gets the chop???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Put her in the dark before she gets the chop???

So I have been seeing in some places that some people turn the lights off for a day or 2 before they give her the chop... What's up with that?

I'm thankful for this "growing" community and for this plant!

Romans 10:9, 10 Jesus is Lord!

Some say it increases resin production: look up on google...
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

You can actually increase the resin a bit more by making the room hotter for an extra day or so, as opposed to leaving them in the dark. Then harvest when the lights are out!
      Current Grow #16: White Widow Germinated Jan 2019
      10x10 Laboratory
      FloraNova in Recirculating Hydro
      T5HO White/Blue for Veg - 600 HPS + T5HO Red for flower

Comment

We have had this conversation a couple times and it is always interesting.

I don't have the definitive answer, but I did do an experiment. I had 6 plants to harvest. I put them all in the dark, and harvested one a day for 6 days. Therefore, the first plant harvested had one day of darkness and the last had 6 days of darkness.

I can tell no difference but some say that they can. If there is a noticeable difference I would like to learn more about that.
        completed 7 grows
        what I have learned so far:
        environment maters more than nutrients
        at least a dab of nutrients in every watering
        effective flushing before harvest is critical to quality

Comment

Your just stressing out the plant,this is good,the plant responds to this by increasing it potency in the form of u know what. PEACE OUT! My .02$

Comment

Thanks for the responses everyone! I know this question was similar to the one that the copycat of Green asked. (Avatar Wars!) I really didn't expect a response of it. I posted this before I read the resent responses!

I'm thankful for this "growing" community and for this plant!

Romans 10:9, 10 Jesus is Lord!

Comment

I once had a spare refrigerator that I used for a keg cooler. I would put a plant in there overnight the last week before harvest. Nice clear high. Can't prove it had anything to do with it.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X