Using CalMag with coco.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using CalMag with coco.

Hi, I bought a CalMag supplement from General Hydroponics, CALiMAGic 1-0-0. On the bottle is says that with coco I should put 1ml per liter for the first two weeks. What after that? Is hits amount leaves enough minerals for the whole plant lifespan? Thank you for helping on this. Cheers! BTW the reason I am asking is I want to use distilled water in place of tap water. I also added Dolomitic Lime to my coco soil when preparing it, at concentration recommended by GWE.
    Last edited by JCD; 02-21-2021, 12:23 PM.

On the main site, Nebula has a feed schedule for GH in coco that includes amount of CaliMagic to use in each feeding. I've been using it since transplant with good results but you must watch your pH. 5.5 tp 6 works best for me. With lime in your coco, you might want to check it in your runoff as well.
    Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
    Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
    Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
    Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
    Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
    i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
    My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
    make pH correction unnecessary
    Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
    8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
    Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
    Semper Fidelis!

Comment

Originally posted by JCD View Post
      Hi, I bought a CalMag supplement from General Hydroponics, CALiMAGic 1-0-0. On the bottle is says that with coco I should put 1ml per liter for the first two weeks. What after that? Is hits amount leaves enough minerals for the whole plant lifespan? Thank you for helping on this. Cheers! BTW the reason I am asking is I want to use distilled water in place of tap water. I also added Dolomitic Lime to my coco soil when preparing it, at concentration recommended by GWE.
      The reason they suggest wetting the coco with a good dose first is that coco retains some of the cal-mag and won't release it to the plant. You first need to buffer (give it enough cal-mag that it will release some to the plant) the coco. This is why they tell you to do this first. Then, give doses and you see fit.
      Past Grows: Jack 47 Auto - La Bella Afrodita - Black Cream and Cheese Autos
      I like weed and science.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X