BUGS!!! what should i do.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BUGS!!! what should i do.

Hello my Friends, i friend of mine gave me a clone a couple weeks ago, and this morning when i went to water her, i discovered some type bugs, WTF. how do i disinfect my tent? used Monterey on the plant.Any suggestions.
    Attached Files

Damn that sucks, looks like you got some aphid infested clones. Best you can do is spray them down with an insecticidal spray while they are still young.

Comment

For just the tent and equipment you can use an alcohol and water mix, or a bleach and water mix, or a mr. clean and water mix, any high strength household cleaner will work well. Just make sure to dry and air the place out a bit before bringing plants back in

Comment

Alcohol and water 50/50. works every time. Keep spraying the leaves before lights are out. Over and under
        I have a battle with them every summer in my outdoor grow.
        Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
        You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

Holy crap !!! Just nuke them !! But don't use Neem Oil, believe me I know.
          Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
          Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
          Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
          Full auto grow
          Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
          12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

• dropinbiking
            dropinbiking commented
            Editing a comment
            Mmmm I still taste the neem oil from my first outdoor. never again

Ladybugs! When there done let them go outside.

Comment

• Farmbuck
            Farmbuck commented
            Editing a comment
            Here where I live they died in no time with the cold

• Rwise
            Rwise commented
            Editing a comment
            After the blast that came through here, IDK how many are left alive, you can keep that arctic air! LOL

thanks for the input guys. i also three other seedling in the tent, that are 2 weeks olds. I sprayed them all with the Monterey, and left them outside all day, cleaned the tent with lysol. you think I should respray the plants everyother day for a week or so? I didn't see any on the plants then i put them back in the tent. but i don't want to kill the young ladies.

Comment

Watch for ants also as they farm aphids. There is a warning with spinosad that it may not be safe in flower.

Comment

I ordered some lady buds, but takes them 5 days to arrive. the clone is still vegging, but do you thing the 50/50 alcohol/water is better than the spinosad? how often can I spray the 50/50, without hurting the plant? the infestation looks like scale bugs. they do not move when you touch them. been growing in this tent for 2 years, never had a bug, damm clone!

Comment

• Rwise
                Rwise commented
                Editing a comment
                I have used the alcohol/water 50/50 every other day, every third day is good, and one can reduce the alcohol to 1 part and 8 parts water. The alcohol evaporates very fast (good ventilation) leaving the water to evaporate. Some express concerns over ISO, Everclear can be used as well, just costs more. One can simply smash as many as can be found until the treatment can be done.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X