Discolored dying leaves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discolored dying leaves

Flipped my girl to 12/12 ten days ago. Plant appears to be healthy and stretching good however I keep getting discolored leaves that die and fall off. Is it normal or am I looking at a deficiency here. Pics are what the leaves look like when they fall off. Other pic is the plant they are falling from. Using happy frog soil. Grow room between 18-23 C RH around 40-45 using dyna grow/flower nutes with cal mag and snowstorm ultra as a supplement

Your plants look fairly healthy but because of how big they are getting I think you might be showing early signs of being root bound. A healthy plant will have quite large roots that spread out to maximize their nutrient uptake and when they get bound you will get strange symptoms that can be easily misread as deficiencies. It is not good to transplant in flowering but it might help in the long run.

Comment

• GDEFR6118
      GDEFR6118 commented
      Editing a comment
      Texasbob the pic is a little deceiving. The pot is actually 19L and the plant is only about 66 CM

I'm a newbie when it comes to indoor growing but I also use Dyna-gro products for my outdoor. I'm pretty sure they say it has all the calcium you need and to just use a mag booster. Others here have great charts on deficiencies and toxicities.

Comment

Does it sit on a cold floor? Does it drain well ? Lot's of times it's irregular watering practices. So i'm guessing all the supplements have been used up in the happy frog an you used dyna grow along with other additives? Could possibly be root issues " ate too much from the buffet "
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Doesn’t look like a cal mag deficiency to me.
        Is the leaves falling of from the bottom and up or from the middle ? Or just random ?

If the PH is in range, it’s either missing nutrients because of the stretch. Or you have roots issues is my 2 cents in this one.
        Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
        You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

• GDEFR6118
          GDEFR6118 commented
          Editing a comment
          They are just random places. Top/middle/bottom. I gave it a couple doses of hydroguard to try to help the roots out
          Last edited by GDEFR6118; 02-20-2021, 12:48 PM.

Hi GDEFR6118
        Nice looking plant If the leaves fall off by themselves or are very easy to pull off of the plant, I suspect Nitrogen deficiency. I know that it can be frustrating to get different answers for your questions here. And, I could be wrong. Nitrogen deficiency showing on the very bottom of the plant is somewhat normal at your plants stage, in my opinion. Keep doing what your doing and keep an eye on it. Try and determine the PH in the rootzone if possible. Below is the GWE nitrogen deficiency page.
        A nitrogen deficiency causes the lower/older leaves of a cannabis plant to start yellowing, wilting, and dropping off on their own. Learn how to fix it.
        Past Grows: Jack 47 Auto - La Bella Afrodita - Black Cream and Cheese Autos
        I like weed and science.

Comment

• GDEFR6118
          GDEFR6118 commented
          Editing a comment
          I thought nitrogen too however I fed them multiple times in a row to the point where I was borderline gonna burn them. The leaves don’t really fall from the plant unless they get bumped into.

Are the yellowing leaves at the very bottom of the plant? At leaves that are mostly in the shade?
        Past Grows: Jack 47 Auto - La Bella Afrodita - Black Cream and Cheese Autos
        I like weed and science.

Comment

What Ph range are you feeding them? Could easily be a lockout maybe ? Too much salt building up. If you fed them a lot as you say
          Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
          You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

• GDEFR6118
            GDEFR6118 commented
            Editing a comment
            I keep my PH range between 6.2-6.5. Checked the PH runoff and it was around 6.2

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X