Off the subject..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Off the subject..

For my western friend @SoOrbudgal who seem to like my avatar. I may not be a professional photographer but I was fortunate to do several assignments for Canadian Geography on Mérida, Yucatan and for others sites for which I'm proud of seeing some of pictures on their web pages. Not only I have a passion for growing medicinal plants but also a passion for photography. My kind of therapy to keep me in balance.

Cheers,

FarmBuck

The legend:

In 1862, Martiniana (Prisca) Gomez Pantoja was born. She was one of five sisters and it is been said that she was a willowy woman with green eyes, white skin bronzed by the Caribbean sun and long, straight brown hair. Called “La Triguena” (the brunette), many men fell in love with her including Fermin Mundaca. He set out to win her, the arches above the gates were dedicated to her, naming them “The Entrance of the Triguena” and “The Pass of the Triguena” in hopes his wealth and power would win the local beauty 37 years younger then himself. His dedication was in vain, she married a man closer to her own age and as legend tells it, Fermin Mundaca slowly went insane and died, alone in Merida. His empty tomb still awaits him in the Isla Mujeres cemetery. Carved by his own hands are the skull and cross bones, in memory of his pirating days and the words meant for his love, “As you are, I was. As I am, you will be”.
    The local plaque reads, “La mujer nativa con su incomparable belleza esta impregnada de brisa marina con aire hacia las estrellas.

“Translated, “The native woman with her incomparable beauty is impregnated with sea breeze with air towards the stars.”
    Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
    Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
    Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
    Full auto grow
    Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
    12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Thanks for sharing, farmbuck. Interesting, albeit it tragic, story.
    There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
    1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
    2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
    3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

Thank you for sharing this story about the statue how beautiful an sad

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X