Cloning Watering Instructions Unclear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cloning Watering Instructions Unclear

Hey All. I am getting ready to build my MotherBox and I was going through OldTimer1's instructions (https://www.growweedeasy.com/how-to-...limited-clones) and I’m very confused about the following directive on the "How to insert cuttings" section, specifically # 5:
    "...The dibbed cuttings are then watered in using a fine rose same mix as above to settle them in."
    What is the
    "fine rose mix"
    alluded to this one time only? Is it the 3% hydrogen-peroxide and 5ml Maxicrop? Or is it specifically calling for rose feed? If rose feed is needed would the DTE rose mix work? If so, at what dosage per liter/gallon?

As for soil, I'm planning on using Light Warrior and Roots Organic soil, with a 3:1 mix, respectively.

Would love some feedback that could guide me in the right direction.

Thank you so much, GWE Peeps.

EDIT: I'm on my third grow and love the idea of keeping great genetics and also look forward to the ritual of the upkeep.
    Last edited by MountainGrown; 02-17-2021, 02:37 PM.

Hello MountainGrown I do use clonex gel others use dry. I know nothing what you've read but doing it the old way i've been succesful for many years cloning it's not hard at all don't need nothing expensive or "magic formula". All you want to do is cut clones, the tips of where bud will form right? I don't know what a fine rose is? Let's keep it simple cause it is OK.?

Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I agree, seems like you're making it harder for yourself. Just get some cloning gel or powder, take your cuttings, dip in your cloning gel and plant in a 1 gallon pot. Water and throw a freezer bag over it for about 3-5 days without doing any more watering or misting leaves. After a few days take the bag off. If they go droopy after an hour, put the bag back on for another day. That's how I usually do my clones now.

Comment

What they said

Comment

Appreciate the advice to keep it simple. Cheers. I will be doing that, and part of that simplicity is implementing the answer to the original question.

Thanks so much. If anybody knows, looking forward to hearing.

Much bud-butter cookie in the system, calling it for the night. Be well, All.

Comment

She doesn't mention a rose mix above that, unless I missed it. Must have been talking about the Maxicrop peroxide mix, either that or it was a typo. I wouldn't use that link for the cloning part anyway, just the mother part.

By the way, me leaving that out of my original response meant whatever it is you don't need it. I literally gave you step by step instructions, even easier than the tutorial you read.

Try either of these instead, if you'd rather follow a tutorial
            Cloning is one of the easiest and fastest ways for cannabis growers to make many new (and basically free) weed plants at once! Learn how to start cloning today!

Mr Green has been growing marijuana on a commercial scale since 1990 and has made thousands of clones. Learn the exact technique he uses to get clones consistently rooted fast, in 7-10 days!
            Last edited by dphipps1020; 02-18-2021, 04:29 AM.

Comment

• MrPNW
              MrPNW commented
              Editing a comment
              The letter “d” is just under “r” so maybe it’s dose mix.

Good luck in your search what ever it is

indoor/outdoor grower
            1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
            Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to

Comment

Gonna slap the box together today and tomorrow (never really done any woodworking), and I’m following the advice to stay with the soil, hypox, and Maxicrop, although my initial eyeballing of the 3:1 ratio leads me to think I might go to 2:1 for a little more nutrient density.

The “mothers” that I’ll be cloning were neglected for a bit and a few may have even slipped into bloom. I’ve got them all in a 2x2 tent now under 4 T5’s for 24hrs/day.

Going to make sure they’re all the way healthy before I start pulling.

I’ll take pics and post. Cheers.

Comment

I keep learning all the mistakes I’ve done trying to clone. I got confused and had been misting twice a day, something to do with getting water through leaves, not roots. Now I’m sure that was if you don’t have a dome. My plants were looking worse and worse until I carefully squeezed the pod out (lots of water in each), stopped misting and put a heating pad under them. The dome hadn’t steamed up at all until the pad, which is why I thought they needed misting. Slaps head.
                They are finally looking better, just in 3 days. Little leaves showing on top and I believe I saw a root in the bottom hole of the tray the pods sit in.

Equipment
                5x5x8 Gorilla Grow TentSpider Farmer SF4000AC Infinity 8” TS Fan/Carbon Filter
                ———————————————————————————————————-
                1st Grow
                Started 01 Oct 2020 • Flipped 12/12, 01 Jan 2021 • Harvested 08 Mar 2021
                Black Gold organic potting soilNature’s Living SoilCompost Tea using NLS
                Pennywise (Harlequin/Jack the Ripper) 1:1 ratio, Indica dominant, medium size plant

Comment

• dphipps1020
                  dphipps1020 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I used to do it this way but I had to be too involved with them to make sure they rooted. The method I listed above is kind of a "set it and forget it" way to do it because you really don't have to water or anything for about the first 5 days, just remove the bag and let them do their thing.

• MrPNW
                  MrPNW commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I just checked and a number of them are just popping out roots from the Hormex cube which looks just like rapid rooters. Sweet, but the original leaves sure look ugly and dying. Glad to see the new green ones.

It's so hard not to overhandle these clones for me at least. Think seeds as far as care, seedlings like care. And it takes a while for them to show that there is progress if things are out of wack. Don't get discouraged wait for it soon you will see the roots coming out the bottom makes all the waiting worth it. Winter is harder for me to clone shoot summer temps are ideal

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X