Pot size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pot size

Hello overyone. I’m new to growing. I have OG Kush Autoflowering plant. It’s three weeks now. My pot is 4 gallon pot. Is it not enough for the plant? I feel it’s not enough

4 gallon is plenty for autos. Folks run anything from 2 to 5 gallons for autos. Personally I use 4 gallon.
    5x5 Gorilla tent
    Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
    Infinity T8 exhaust fan
    Technaflora nutes
    Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

I just finished a run with 3 Gallon pots, it went really well for the size
      Next time I’ll be stepping up to 5 and see if I prefer it, I like to play around until I find what works best for me.

You’ll do awesome in a 4 gallon pot, like PLreef mentioned, anything between 2-5 is typical for auto’s.

Comment

You should dig up an old thread, a solo cup grow, and some surprising results.

Comment

I think it's fine size. As long as the roots get air
          Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
          indoor/outdoor grower
          1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
          Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
          Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

yup 4 gallons is enough for that strain. I've grown it before and I used 5 gallon pots which IMHO were too big. They did fine though. Auto's tend to grow smaller as that is the way they are engineered.
            I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

• dilvish
              dilvish commented
              Editing a comment
              I should have added that my current grow I decided to experiment. Instead of 5 gallon fabric pots, I grabbed some old translucent/opaque rectangular plastic storage containers with lids. I wasn't using them for anything so I drilled holes in the bottom and sides for drainage and set them on the lids to catch overflow water and to make it easier to vacuum up with a wet vac. Not only is it much cleaner but these containers are only 3 gallon and have roughly only 2 gallons of soil in them ( I ran out !!). Although the plants grow smaller, because of the container size, they are doing remarkably well. It's kind of cool because I can see the roots since they are semi transparent containers. I will be able to tell the health of the roots without using a hydroponic set up!!

It's all grower preference. My preference is to start in 5gal and with TLC and LST, coax the auto to grow into it

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X