Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's talk about my holes. Your holes. Hole talk.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL Let's talk about my holes. Your holes. Hole talk.

Received my FFHF soil and due to a mixup received 6 2 cu ft bags instead of 3. Target wont take them back because it's a 3rd party shipper and they dont stock it in stores.

Math tellin me that's approx. 30 gallons of soil for each of the 3 plants I plan to put down. They're going in the sandy soil outdoors so I don't have to worry about the bags getting stolen pre harvest.

So. What dimensions you think my holes should be? Wider better than deeper or vice versa? 30 gallon fabric pot grows I've seen are huge, so trimmed the number of plants down to 3 from 4.

Also, been wondering about shadecloth. Last summer was brutal, and I went with some light 30% white shade fabric for Aug/Sep.

Hole talk. Some of you grizzled veterans point me in a proper direction please? TYIA.
    Learned a lot this year. pH and whiteflies are issues that need controlling. Maybe an auto over January.....hmmmm...

Subscribed.

I am going to try and grow outside this year as well. Is there a wider vs deeper ratio to think through? I am going to try and mix up a super soil

Please share all your hole and shadecloth wisdom GWE Forum

Comment

LOL i ain't sharing no hole information Are you going to place the fabric pot into the hole or just want to dig a hole an put the FF in it? I tell ya if you live with long sunny days go big if you don't i would not waste the soil. Shit i've seen 300gal fabric pots in commercial grows. For me an my recreational grows and i grow photos outdoors in summer i honestly would not use anything bigger than 30gal i only use 15gal and with the fabric or plastic. You need to decide how long your outdoor season is and grow photos closer to that time frame. For me it's high indica strains that will finish by end of Sept. And some how cover them from rain. No more big pots for this gal i find 15gal big enough for me. You younger stronger growers can climb up them ladders all you want LOL.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Floopydoop
        Floopydoop commented
        Editing a comment
        Yep, diggin holes in some of that California sand. No pots, didn't want to run the risk of the w'hole' thing being stolen.

Just kind of wondering if making 3 distinct deeper-ish holes is better than just adding to the ground and turning it in a bit.

3 single myco colonies, or a mat of myco helping all the plants.

Whelp, I've made my decision after many many hours and pages of overthinking this.

2' x 2' x 1.5'

5 CuFt per plant....just shy of 40 gallons each.

And awaaaaay we go. (soon(tm)) Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0378.JPG
Views:	124
Size:	4.13 MB
ID:	512804
      Learned a lot this year. pH and whiteflies are issues that need controlling. Maybe an auto over January.....hmmmm...

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Bitch'in man the good ol days of inground grows. Way to go Floopydoop how much sun during the day you get there in that spot ?

• Floopydoop
        Floopydoop commented
        Editing a comment
        SoOrbudgal That gets pretty much full sun during the summer
        Last edited by Floopydoop; 05-04-2021, 04:55 PM. Reason: adding an @

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X