AUTO flowering spectrum....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AUTO flowering spectrum....

The only autos I've grown were under full spectrum lights for the entire grow. I use bloom boosting lights with photoperiod plants but do you think that will make any difference with the auto's?
    Since they are "pre-programmed" to flower by age...just wondering if anyone has experimented with this before...thanks for any input, Cheers to all.
    Current grow_ coco based medium, Fluence LED lights, AIT, 5 gallon planters,
    liquid organic nutrients by Advance Nutrients and Vegamatrix. Strains_ Exodus Cheese (feminized), Meltdown (regular) and Caesar (regular).

Light is food, feed them!

Comment

Of course it will work? More light = more food = bigger buds.
      why wouldn’t it ? They need light to make buds, the more light the more buds 💪🏻
      Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
      You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

The lights I have them under produce more than enough PPFD for flowering but I'm wondering more about the addition of a more extensive spectrum at either or both ends. I've got a few weeks before they start to get fully into flower mode so maybe I'll order a few strip lights with specialized UV and far red spectrums and see what happens? I just won't have them on when I'm in the room with them! Thanks for the suggestions!
        liquid organic nutrients by Advance Nutrients and Vegamatrix. Strains_ Exodus Cheese (feminized), Meltdown (regular) and Caesar (regular).

Comment

Far red i can agree would be beneficial. I’m not sold, yet, on UV.

Need to be cautious with FR during veg as it can cause premature flowering.
          There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
          1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
          2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
          3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

• YYCannabis
            YYCannabis commented
            Editing a comment
            Check out the vids from Dr. Bruce Bugbee. While he may not speak directly too much about cannabis, his research does work on hemp. His latest research on FR is great. He also is hinting that they are looking more into UV and the role it plays into plant growth.

Some of his vids can get a little bit in depth, but overall, if you want to get to know more about light spectrum, Dr. Bugbee is the guy to learn from. 👍
            Apogee Instruments is a respected leader in the manufacture of innovative, durable, research grade environmental instruments used for measuring climate change, improving sustainable food production, and developing renewable energy. Our instruments have been trusted for thousands of applications around the globe. Our passion for research and attention to detail in manufacturing, has made our products renowned for cost effective measurement technology. At Apogee Instruments, our mission is to help you make better measurements. This means more than just building and selling research-grade sensors at an excellent price. It involves understanding your needs, supplying solutions, and providing the information and support you need to succeed regardless of the size of your project. This channel serves as part of that mission, containing how-to, technical support, product and tutorial videos, as well as, educational webinars, lectures, and fundamental classes.

YYC- Thanks for the info, much appreciated. These autos are just starting to get pistils so maybe I'll try adding some far red this time, maybe that will really get them going? I'll check out the vids!
          A commercial grower I know uses 15 minutes of far red only at the beginning and end of each photoperiod during flowering..sun rise and set? Swears by it. Cheers and happy growing!

Comment

• YYCannabis
            YYCannabis commented
            Editing a comment
            If you’re talking about the Emerson effect, Dr. Bugbee kind of knocks down that theory. His research has shown that the plants don’t need it to “wake up” or “go to sleep” gently. In his opinion, just hit the lights and give’ em all they can take.

Red/FR cause plant growth to elongate. Blue spectrum causes plant growth to stay shorter/bushier.
          There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
          1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
          2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
          3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

Good to know, thanks. these autos aren't going to get over 28" so I won't be concerned about a little extra height...might even be a good thing if it helps elongate the internodes a hair. Naw, I don't know anything about the Emerson Effect...I just started doing it to ease them into each day...kinda like when I have my morning java. I work in the next room so sometimes I'll lower the lights for an hour or two just for the heck of it. really give them a blast and then back them off to normal height for whatever stage of development they're in. Gives me something to do if I'm just working away indoors.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X