Are These ‘Nanners?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Are These ‘Nanners?

Hey guys! It is day 41 since I flipped to 12/12 and I think I have ‘nanners in my buds Are these definitely ‘nanners? These are probably the two worst examples I could find and they don’t seem to be in lots of places, but will this get worse? What should I do??

These are two Girl Scout Cookies photos from Nirvana, grown in FFOF/perlite with FF dirty dozen nutes, in a 4x4 tent under a Black Dog PhytoMAX-2 600 (630 watts from the wall). Environment is ~43% RH and 67-69* F with lights off and ~40% RH and 77-79* F with lights on.
    Attached Files

yep them be Nanners.

Comment

• echdk3
      echdk3 commented
      Editing a comment
      Will it get worse? What should I do?

Pick them out with a tweezer when you can. Where did you get your seeds an is it only one plant?
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
      CaptainWiese91 commented
      Editing a comment
      Most likely a environmental issue that made them stress to the point where the nanners show up

• echdk3
      echdk3 commented
      Editing a comment
      I gotta say I really thought my environment is generally pretty ideal. Humidity may be a tad bit on the low side, but it never really gets below 35% I’d say, and the temps range from 67* F to about 79* F from lights off to lights on. Isn’t this pretty good?

Edit: I forgot to mention pH. One of them has runoff that is consistently on the low side, hovering just above 6.3, and the other is usually just under 6.8. I wish they were both closer to the middle. I always pH correct water and nutes to 6.5 because I’m trying to get them to tighten up in the middle of the range.
      Last edited by echdk3; 02-16-2021, 11:50 AM.

• CaptainWiese91
      CaptainWiese91 commented
      Editing a comment
      Stress to the plants can come from many things.
      A hard defoliation can also trigger some hermie traits.
      And sometimes it’s really genetics also.

Here’s a photo from the front for some perspective
    Attached Files

Comment

So is this an example of a "HERMIE"? Did not know they would show in a developing bud with trichromes.
      Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
      Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
      Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
      Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
      Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
      i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
      My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
      make pH correction unnecessary
      Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
      8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
      Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
      Semper Fidelis!

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        That is where you see the nanners in the developing pods in the bud.

just pluck them as you see em.
      If you get confused....listen to the music play

Comment

• echdk3
        echdk3 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the advice!

You could try to get rid of them, they may be sterile. But if you aren't careful getting rid of them, you'll just spread pollen all across the rest of your plants. Are there nanners on ever cola? Can easily be training stress related considering you're scrogged out so well with such heavy training, some strains just won't like it and that's their response. Balls in your court, but you could have a lot of flower on the line if it continues to get worse or it's viable pollen that gets airborne.

Comment

• echdk3
        echdk3 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for chiming in! They aren’t on every cola, in fact last night I carefully inspected every cola I could find and only found a couple more teeny tiny yellow/green nanner tips poking through, and I did pluck all that I found. Does seem to be mostly on just one of the two plants. I never even considered that it might have been from scrogging but that makes sense. Are you saying that I should consider removing the one plant? I don’t think I could do that since I only have the two.

• dropinbiking
        dropinbiking commented
        Editing a comment
        I wouldn't get hasty and chop anything, it doesn't sound too bad, and doesn't sound like it's in too many areas. What's there is there, and as long as you don't see a ton more pop up, I would just ride it out, and keep an eye on things. A little pollination isn't the end of the world, especially if it's close to flower, but if too much pollination is allowed to spread early enough than most of the buds will end up seeded or have premature forming seeds, which is always a letdown

• echdk3
        echdk3 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the words of wisdom dropinbiking! Gonna just be vigilant and ride it out.

Howdy echdk3, Those are nanners, but don't panic, the worst think that can happen is that You will have Your own feminized seeds. I have been growing with the feminized nannered seeds for four years now and I have had good yields and quality from them. Pluck if You must, but from what I have read (on GWE), when they become visible, they have already let loose their pollen.
      Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

• echdk3
        echdk3 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the response DW2. I originally commented here after misreading what you wrote. Now that I’ve read it more carefully, can you comment on your experience with yield and quality when you did get nanners? Did you take a big loss with yield and quality?

• DW2
        DW2 commented
        Editing a comment
        echdk3, the last grow yielded from three plants, 14.664 oz. bud and 10.753 oz. of trim, good quality, Yhe grow before yielded from four plants, 9.525 oz. bud and 9.743 oz, of trim, I'm currently growin some of the nannered seeds from that grow,

spray them with water then pluck them. water and pollen don't get along. i actually would spray all the plants with you're water bottle.

Comment

• echdk3
        echdk3 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the advice! This is interesting. I’ve never heard of or read about this approach. Could this risk causing mold to grow? Have you ever tried this approach with success?

• stump
        stump commented
        Editing a comment
        yes i have. pollen and water dont mix and will knock some of it out.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X