White Powdery Mold starting---Arrggh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

White Powdery Mold starting---Arrggh

I noticed this morning the first signs of WPM on 2 of my plants. This surprises me as I have been keeping My RH constant at 50% + - 3% and temp at constant at 72. Outside my cabinet the AZ climate is running at 28 to 55 degrees and RH in the 40 to 50 range. The cabinet is located on my enclosed and unheated sun porch. I have a fan blowing under the canopy and an exhaust fan controlled by a RH hygrometer controller.

I'm going to try Nebula's method of wiping off all I can see with a damp paper towel and then apply milk and liquid hand soap solution in a spray mister bottle as a preventative. I will also turn on a second fan to get better air flow around the leaves. Anyone have other suggestions?

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210215_101440.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	2.45 MB
ID:	490750Click image for larger version

Name:	20210215_101527.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	2.36 MB
ID:	490751Click image for larger version

Name:	20210215_101703.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	2.31 MB
ID:	490752
    Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
    Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
    Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
    Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
    Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
    i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
    My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
    make pH correction unnecessary
    Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
    8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
    Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
    Semper Fidelis!

Boost the airflow, leaf lay on each other will make sweat. Good luck
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

are you sure it's not overspray from nutrient watering? if it is WPM That RH seems a bit high and the airflow too low especially at a temp of 72F. Check to make sure the white patches are "fuzzy" as that is a clear sign that it is mildew and not overspray.

The pics you posted seem to indicate that it is not WPM as the white patches don't look fuzzy.
      I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

• Catfish22
        Catfish22 commented
        Editing a comment
        Agree, my first thought was nute splash. I've never seen WPM except in pictures when I was studying before I started growing but I would expect some fuzziness also.

Thanks dilvish, you could be right about nute splash. I hope so! Funny I did not notice it yesterday when I had them out doing some minor defol about 2 hours after I fed. I remember seeing some wet spots tho. Anyway I wiped down the leaves and sprayed with a mix of soap and milk in water. Can't hurt anything; I'd rather err on the side of caution. I was right on the edge of reducing my RH to 40% as I'm just a week from the switch. I do have it pretty well controlled where I want to set it but I have to find the RH controller manual to do it. Short term memory loss! I also turned on my second fan and the leaves are swaying softly in the breeze.
      Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
      Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
      Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
      Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
      Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
      i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
      My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
      make pH correction unnecessary
      Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
      8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
      Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
      Semper Fidelis!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X