Rain Science grow bags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rain Science grow bags

I saw one of these bags on Instagram and noticed there was no mold on it even though it sat in a saucer. I could only see the word rain on the partially covered label. So I searched and found them. They have both indoor and outdoor version. I picked up three 15 gal ones for some veggies, herbs and blueberries this year for a garden start. The videos on the site show how water on top of the soil, that runs through and down the wall, is absorb back in before reaching the saucer. With my current Vivosun fabric pots the water shoots through the wall and straight into the saucer. This has annoyed me every time I water, which is why I take them off the risers and let them soak up the run off before putting them back up to dry out again, usually the next day.

297 likes, 38 comments - rainscience_growbags on August 8, 2020: "Achieve a more balanced watering 🌱 #airpruning #meshgrowbags #growyourown #growplants #urbanga..."

High Times "Hot Products" High Yield Technology

I got four 7 gal for my next grow, all white but one of each color of rim. I figured this will help quickly see which plant is which.

I also got some .8 gal for my Pennywise bonsai mother and for more strains to come.
    Then there are the small triangle shaped ones for seedlings or clones which can sit in a solo or seedling tray.

Here’s a shot of the later two.
    Last edited by MrPNW; 02-18-2021, 07:30 PM.

Equipment
    5x5x8 Gorilla Grow Tent β€’ Spider Farmer SF4000 β€’ AC Infinity 8” TS Fan/Carbon Filter
    β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”-
    1st Grow
    Started 01 Oct 2020 β€’ Flipped 12/12, 01 Jan 2021 β€’ Harvested 08 Mar 2021
    Black Gold organic potting soil β€’ Nature’s Living Soil β€’ Compost Tea using NLS
    Pennywise (Harlequin/Jack the Ripper) 1:1 ratio, Indica dominant, medium size plant

Equipment
    5x5x8 Gorilla Grow Tent β€’ Spider Farmer SF4000 β€’ AC Infinity 8” TS Fan/Carbon Filter
    β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”-
    1st Grow
    Black Gold organic potting soil β€’ Nature’s Living Soil β€’ Compost Tea using NLS
    Pennywise (Harlequin/Jack the Ripper) 1:1 ratio, Indica dominant, medium size plant

Comment

They look interesting but not sure what they do again? They are similar to the pots I have. You can see them in my last post. They are grassroots fabric pots made in the good ol’ US of A. They have a plastic lining on the inside and stop about 2-4 inches from the bottom for air pruning as usual with fabric pots only thing is with that lining on the inside the water doesn’t shoot out the sides and guides the water straight down. Also they keep the pots watered longer because they don’t dry out too fast and they dry the way they do in nature from the top down, unlike all fabric pots that dry from the sides to the middle. These pots are made for living soil that need to stay moist and NEVER dry out like salt growers do their soil.

Comment

They look expensive. Fancy fabric that doesn’t leak out right? Sound good. But it has no handles and I kinda must have handles to move plants around daily. How expensive are they ?

Comment

• MrPNW
          MrPNW commented
          Editing a comment
          Sorry, the picture is of my small .8 gal pheno version. I’ll post the correct one for the 7 gallon.

Well they are made in Florida or at least the company is there. Those may be better in the hotter more humid climates ? Guess we'll watch how you like them, thanks for sharing.
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Keep us post I'm curious about the fabric.
          Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
          Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
          Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
          Full auto grow
          Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
          12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

7 gallon version
            High Times "Hot Products" High Yield Technology

Grow bags designed specifically with indoor growers in mind.
            • Made with plastic coated Mesh, heavy duty & durable
            • Unique Conical design makes transplanting a breeze and greatly reduces transplant stress.
            • Provides aeration, enhancing root structure, resulting in a vigorous plant with more buds and fruits
            • Prevents circling roots and air-prunes the plant's root structure.
            • White material reflects 90% of light, Keeps roots cooler under hi intensity grow lights.
            • Super durable & reusable; Life Time Warranty
            • Resistant to algae, mold and mildew
            • Optional LST Grommets are made of brass and will not rust or leach. they are the perfect size to fit Cannatie tie downs. Spaced every 5-8 inches
            • Dimensions are: 12"h x 13"dia
            Click image for larger version

Name:	A7ECD6A9-DB81-4C92-AE3E-8BAD34DFB6DB.jpeg
Views:	835
Size:	208.9 KB
ID:	499003Click image for larger version

Name:	D6E8238A-0C75-493F-ADA2-183C5E404768.jpeg
Views:	767
Size:	694.6 KB
ID:	499004Click image for larger version

Name:	59CF4AAB-391D-439B-90B5-C19DC337F1EE.jpeg
Views:	783
Size:	553.7 KB
ID:	499005

Equipment
            1st Grow

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
              9fingerleafs commented
              Editing a comment
              They are 3 times the price of a regular fabric pot for me. I guess in the long term is still a pretty good deal if they don’t grow mold

• MrPNW
              MrPNW commented
              Editing a comment
              At first glance I thought the same. There’s some videos out there showing how the water doesn’t waterfall which drives me nuts. Also after a grow my vivosun fabric looks terrible with mold and whatever. I figure I won’t need a bag after this.

They sure look nice. With the cheaper quality of fabric pots you are also risking the material to leach out things you don’t want and have caused some growers issues they couldn’t figure out because it wasn’t their mistake it was the low quality of the bags. That’s why I went with Grassroots. They also carry transplanting pots which use a Velcro to keep them closed then before transplant all you do is undo the Velcro on the side and transplant. Easiest way to transplant with a fabric pot in my opinion.

Comment

I too am watching to see how you like these, and I too am annoyed with the water running through the sides of the pots.
              A friend simple drops the plant bag and all in the ground, I told him this year cut some holes in the sides. He said last year his best grow was done this way ('cept the holes), but I am not sure you can call this transplanting!

Comment

Those are awesome! I am curious about the fabric as well.

Comment

This is the video I saw that shows the water being absorbed back into the pot instead of running down into the saucer/tray.
                  https://www.facebook.com/20311572021...51181269238557

This looks like a good size tray for the 7 gallon size with the 13” diameter bottom. Autopot sales recommends a tray 2 inches high even though the valve creates up to 3/4” water level. This keeps accidental spills contained.
                  The Garland Standard Garden Tray in Blackis a robust and versatile gardening accessory designed to cater to various planting needs. Its sturdy construction from recycled polypropylene ensures durability, while its spacious design makes it an ideal choice for cultivating wheatgrass, fodder, assorted seeds, and more. Additionally, its 9-liter internal capacity and water reservoir capabilities make it an excellent choice for maintaining optimal moisture levels in pots and seed trays.

Last edited by MrPNW; 03-15-2021, 03:22 PM.

Equipment
                  1st Grow

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X