Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please help me ID this issue with my baby!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Please help me ID this issue with my baby!

What are these black spots on my plant? seemingly popped up overnight and has got slightly worse over the next 2 days. It seems to have spead to one of my younger plants too, I really hope it's not a fungus

get your ph up a bit and give her some calmag.

Comment

What medium are you in and whats your pH? I agree it's a pH issue but I'm leaning the other way if you are in coco.
      Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
      Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
      Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
      Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
      Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
      i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
      My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
      make pH correction unnecessary
      Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
      8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
      Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
      Semper Fidelis!

Comment

in soil. pH was below 5 so I added some liquid lime and dolomite ( Ca as carbonate 41.5 % w/v, Mg as carbonate 6 % w/v) and raised pH of the soil up to 6ish if my probe can be trusted.

Comment

I am a soil grower. FFOF and 20% perlite. I feed at 6.2 - 6.5.

When I have pushed the ph low (I blame it on the good weed) I have had the mottled brown spots. Not like yours that are all over all plants, but in a pot that got mottled and sick. My tap water is 8.5-8.8 untreated but I got too aggressive with the adjuster. A few days of H2O from the tap (short of a flush) and a little calmag and we could see clean new growth.

I do not believe that the medium is the big factor, she won't take up the cal if the ph is too low.

Comment

I agree. Adjust your PH to 6.8 +/- and give it a little cal mag. Had the same exact issue myself.
            Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
            5 gallon cloth pots
            30"x30"x60" tent
            Spider Farmer SE3000
            Coco Pearlite mix
            GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

Could be magnesium deficiency but since you haven't provided much info all we can go on is the pictures. Judging by their maturity I'd say if it just started happening its a heat and/or root problem. a magnesium deficiency wouldn't occur that late in the plant unless you started adjusting your nutrient mixes. If it also looks like it spread to younger plants I'd go with root/heat issues.
              I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X