Are your plants Aware?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are your plants Aware?

Are your plants aware? No, not in the sense that they might recognize you, but do they perhaps have some ability to control what is happening to their bodies? Think about how quickly they can react to changes in their systems and react by taking steps to protect themselves or recover from bad conditions.Earlier I went out to do some defol on my 8 1/2 week plants in Nebuls's manifold, In checking what to remove. I noted there were several leaves on the side branches in random spots that were aging out. Not sick, just not needed anymore. As I snipped them off I noticed that under each random dying leaf there was a tiny bud site which had been completely in shade.Can they protect themselves from injury or act to protect their space? Can it just be a chemical reaction?

Some plants have through evolution, developed thorns or toxic chemicals to keep other organisms at bay. Is it all just a chemical reaction? We all on this planet come from the first living cell. Only God knows how many or what directions evolution has taken. Are we all just a series of chemical reactions? Smoke a bowl or eat a brownie and think about it.
    Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
    Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
    Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
    Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
    Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
    i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
    My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
    make pH correction unnecessary
    Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
    8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
    Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
    Semper Fidelis!

My plants are very much aware. And I am aware of them. We communicate. Do you hand water your plants or automated system? Got some chocolope and strawberry cough DNA just itching to get out. I hear them calling.
    Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

• TOKABIGONE
      TOKABIGONE commented
      Editing a comment
      All my girls are attended personally. They tell me when they're when they'ye hungry or thirsty. I listen or they pout.. Not a good thing..

As with all living things they strive to live and are capable of doing extraordinary things to achieve that goal but being aware maybe to a certain point I would say yes
    Go ahead sing to your plants there not going to think your a nutjob

Grow in soil-fox farm ocean forest-happy frog
    Indoor Grow with 5gl cloth pots
    31/2x31/2 Home made grow box
    1-Mars hydro ts1000 and 1-ts600
    Humboldts nutrients + Blackstrap molasses
    secret base a & b
    cal mag
    golden tree
    flower stacker

Comment

Read the book “what a plant knows” it’s said in nature trees will communicate miles and miles away with others. They have their own underground network.

Comment

• RetiredGuy
        RetiredGuy commented
        Editing a comment
        Just ordered on Amazon, thanks for the recommendation!

• grouchyoldman
        grouchyoldman commented
        Editing a comment
        I just received "What a plant knows" from a friend and after the first chapter I'm hooked! I have a small orchard, large veggie garden and of course, The Grow Room. I tend to think of all my plants as Pets, slow but responsive pets.

Dude, you're kinda scaring me.

Comment

To hard for me to read in that colour, try black.

Comment

LOL groovy man Click image for larger version

Name:	OIP.jpg
Views:	347
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	490135 feeeeed meeeeeee
          Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
          indoor/outdoor grower
          1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
          Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
          Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• YYCannabis
            YYCannabis commented
            Editing a comment
            Lololololoolol

• MeEasy
            MeEasy commented
            Editing a comment
            I think I would love you as my neighbor SoOrbudgal I know our humor gets along really well 😄

Yeah my girls are totally aware that I'm piss off at them...
          Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
          Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
          Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
          Full auto grow
          Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
          12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

There was a thread a couple of years back about the ultra-high pitch sounds plant make when they are damaged from a branch or leaf being cut off. The article implied that the noise from one screaming plant can be sensed by nearby plants.
            There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
            1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
            2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
            3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

• TOKABIGONE
              TOKABIGONE commented
              Editing a comment
              I wonder if you could use some kind of ultra sensitive microphone to record it and then find a lower frequency harmonic to listen to it. I'll have to research it. I'll bet someone has done something along this line. I remember reading something a long time ago about research into this. Sticking a nail into a tomato and recording a scream. Scary...

They are definitely aware. My girls droop like crazy right before lights out and are perky first thing in the morning. Scared me when I first noticed it, but upon reading I found that is is due to their internal circadian rhythm.

Comment

Attention Everyone, A few years back, there was a program o PBS called 'The Secrete Lives of Plants' ,it was either on NOVA or the NATURE series. It showed how plants react to other plants (including killing off competitors) and reacting to their environment. I was a very interesting program, watch it if You can.
              Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

I know that my plants do better when I speak with them. Or so the voices in my head keep telling me. Regardless, I still do it as part of my routine.
                Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
                5 gallon cloth pots
                30"x30"x60" tent
                Spider Farmer SE3000
                Coco Pearlite mix
                GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X