Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Grow Newbie Help: Issues progressing during full bloom

All,

I have gone further into a grow as I have ever been after making about ever newb mistake ever and I am now in full bloom and have a bad development over the past 3 to 4 days and with these guys in bloom I need some help.

As shown in the photos I have various issues. Spots showing up on leaves, tips yellowing, and what I really worried about is the colas starting to turn brown on the tip as shown on the pic of the scope of one of them and that particular one has most of them doing this. I am not sure about the yellowing thing but I cant imagine the cola thing is it getting ready for harvest as small as it is. I think it is probably some effect of the other issues.

Any guidance is sooooo welcomed and here because I am super worried. Just want to get these guys to the finish line even if I roll 1 joint as it would be progress for the first grow.

Here is some info on my setup:

Environment:
    • 2 femanized/auto 100OG Cush, 18" high
    • 3 Gallon Plastic Pots ( recently transplanted to 3 Gallon Containers a little less than 1 month ago and have been doing well to this point.
    • Fox Farm Ocean Forest Soil.
    • Small 5x5 closet kept on avg of 74-76 degrees regulated by cracking the closet door as needed
    • 600W King plus LED Grow Light on 12/12 schedule
    • TaoTronics 4L Cool Mist Humidifier (set to keep the room at 55% humidity)
    • 12" Oscillating Fan
    • Fertilization - Never. They were looking a little bad but transplanting them into the Fox Farm soil really perked them up and they have been happy to this point.
    Knowns:
    • PH readings came from a Bluelab PH Pen (which sux as readings are all over the place and I have been following the directions to a T). First time I broke it out was tonight after seeing continued issues and after calibrating the PH was showing up between 5.6 and 5.9
    • Tap Water is reading 8.0 'ish
    • I added the 4L humidifier in hopes of helping bud development. They have never had this before and previously ranged around 25-30% humidity. Now they are sitting at 45-55%
    • Due to the addition of the humidifier and weather changes, temps have gone up slightly before I got up for the day. Today it spiked to around 79 degrees but most of they stay between 74-76.
    • As noted below, these girls rarely need watering so I didn't want to water too much or cause some issue so I set them on 2x4 pieces on the very edge of each pot which still allows for the drain holes not to be covered and in my thinking, more air circulation to the bottom of the pots.
    Observations:
    • These two girls rarely need water at all. In fact, reading on the forums, its a little concerning. As of today they are looking dry'ish but could probably use another day. The top 1 to 2" is dry but I can still dig up darkish soil different than the first 2 inches a little lower but its now been a week 1/2 since their last watering and they are in this condition. I may have been overdoing it since I put them in 3 gallon pots because I have been watering them under the shower until water ran consistently out of the drainage holes and out into the drain. Rethinking it, it may be better to just keep it on the moist side rather than what amounts to flushing them every time. (see note on elevating on 2x4s above)
    • I consulted Fox Farm who said the soil was good until 3-4 weeks after transplanting which I am now at and ordered "Jobe's Organic all Purpose Fertilizer 4-4-4" which I have but the girls have never had fertilizer before so I am worried using it and honestly don't know how to use it even if needed. I am thinking of just putting more Fox Farm soil on top and watering it in but just dont know if this will help
    I love the help I receive on this forum and any help is so much appreciated each time!

Click image for larger version

Name:	combined.png
Views:	194
Size:	2.85 MB
ID:	489847

How far along are you in flowering stage?

Comment

Hi Tedtheclown about 2.5 to 3 weeks in. I have screwed these things up so much stunting them that I have been working with them since 1st week in Oct last year lol...so close. I have 2 smaller ones going but these would be the 2 of the original left of the 10
      Last edited by PotWWD; 02-11-2021, 09:47 PM.

Comment

If it were me, i would get the humidity down closer to 40, and keep the temp closer to 70. Turn your lights on full 24, or 18/6. Try to add a very small percentage of nutes. What nutes do you have available? My first plants where stunted, they where in veg for about 4 months, mine are photos! Im not familiar with autos yet, i have some on the way to try. Do you have any more pics of the plant? Your ph level might be off causing the plant to not take up certain nutes in that range, keep it closer to 6.5. I would not run the humidifier and see if that helps. The plant might not be drinkin from the roots as much if there is a higher humidity
        Last edited by Tedtheclown; 02-11-2021, 10:36 PM.

Comment

Your leaves agree with your PH meter, they say the PH is all over the place as well. Are you using the prob in the soil (several locations, each may give a different reading, then average them) and solutions? As a note the probe does not like distilled, DI or RO water, use only tap water to clean it.
          Myself I lift the pots to determine when they need water, some need more than others. If you soil holds on to water to long it could become an issue.

Comment

My guess would be Calcium deficiency. Work on getting the PH up a bit and give it some Cal/Mag.
            Calcium deficiencies cause tiny brown spots that appear on new and middle growth. Learn how to fix this problem for good!

Past Grows: Jack 47 Auto - La Bella Afrodita - Black Cream and Cheese Autos
            I like weed and science.

Comment

Hello all, thanks for teh responses and tips. I took a couple of teaspoons of my 4-4-4 granular fertilizer and mixed it with some of the foxfarm soil I had left over and slightly watered them so lets see how it goes. Again, ty!

Comment

You need to do more research to find out what the plants need at the various stages as it seems like you’re just guessing and hoping you’ll get a quick fix. PH is key in plants man. Get that sorted out and they’ll love it. Also If your plants are not autos (you’ve stated fem and auto?) then definitely don’t do as others have said and put the lights to 24/0 as this will cause them to herm. The best way to know when your pots are ready to be fed/watered is the lift test - Lift them when they’re watered then you’ll know when they’re needing it again by the weight. You won’t be able to tell by eye as a newb. Get rid of the humidifier as you want to dry plants out in flower not make more moisture. Then do more research.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X