No announcement yet.

Help! Plants are dying new grower.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Help! Plants are dying new grower.

I have entered week 6 from germination and within one day these brown spots start showing on the new leaves. I haven't feed my plants in two weeks as I was just trying to tackle another issue that I had few weeks back. (I have flushed them with PH balanced water last week).

I usually water them once a week as the soil does not dry fast enough. I have coco mixed in the soil but no perlite. I use fabric pots LED lights in my grow tent. I try to water them with PH between 6.4 - 6.8.

This symptoms are spreading fast so if anyone know about this please help.

I'll keep it short, you have a root zone PH issue. Tell us more about the way you water them and feed them. Also the soil mix.
    Did you prep the coco? I dont use it but read this is a must do, if not done it causes calmag issues.

Comment

I water them when 1" of the top soil gets dry. I prep the coco before mixing with vermiculite and canna professional pro soil. I feed them every other week ( I haven't feed them in the last two weeks).

Attached Files
      Last edited by Hellogrowers; 02-10-2021, 06:53 AM.

Comment

I agree with Rwise. It's a pH issue. With coco in the mix, your running too high at 6.4 and having some lockout. With soil mixed in, the nutrients are there, just not available to the plant. What nutes are you using? Best you do a good nutrient flush to heavy runoff and watch the new growth. The affected leaves will not recover but health should return in new growth. I'm in coco with perlite and'had this problem early on and did not recover until I adjusted my pH down to 5.5. Even 6 was too high. Good luck!
        Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
        Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
        Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
        Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
        Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
        i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
        My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
        make pH correction unnecessary
        Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
        8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
        Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
        Semper Fidelis!

Comment

Thanks guys. Shall I flush them with tap water or pH balanced water?

Comment

Always ph balance water

Comment

Be sure to Ph your nute solution as well. I filter my tap water too as well as pH adjust.
              Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
              Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
              Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
              Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
              Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
              i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
              My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
              make pH correction unnecessary
              Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
              8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
              Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
              Semper Fidelis!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X