Help-i think my plants are dying!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help-i think my plants are dying!

Since i switched to flowering stage early january i had the wrong ph for several weeks (i think) since i thought i just had to take the same amount of ph-down as i veg state. I checked the ph when i noticed that something was wrong. I have since then flushed the plants and are now checking the ph both in and out with every watering and it is within range, temp and humidity is also good. So why are they looking like they are dying? i can't stop the leaves from turning yellow and die off. What am i doing wrong, any suggestions?
    Attached Files

Pics in better light will make it easier for people to see what’s happening.
    There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
    1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
    2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
    3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

I hope these are better
      Attached Files

Comment

Watch the new growth, the leaves that yellowed will not recover they will continue to be used up then die and fall off. The damaged ends will not heal, but may not continue down the leaf.
        At this point its not so much about the leaves anyway.

Comment

• Sessan
          Sessan commented
          Editing a comment
          But is it not a bit early for the leaves to yellow? Not quite sure what you mean with watch the new growth, if you mean to se if the yellow spreads down the leaf. But why are the new leaves yellow to bigin with i wonder. Thank you for your answer

What about the temperature?
        What about mediums being used ?
        what about nutrients and how much is being used ?
        could be a lot of factors from the info we don’t have on the grow.
        Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
        You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

• Sessan
          Sessan commented
          Editing a comment
          Sorry, meant ml

• CaptainWiese91
          CaptainWiese91 commented
          Editing a comment
          It’s still much ? I maybe use that ratio for a 5 liter bottle or a 6 liter bottle..

• Sessan
          Sessan commented
          Editing a comment
          Hmm, ok. But i am following my feeding schedule and are a bit under what they recommend

And what is the light?
        RH?
        Myself I see different things in the leaves, to much N being one, PH issues being another.

Comment

• Sessan
          Sessan commented
          Editing a comment
          400w hps
          40-50
          I am adding less n than what is advised though and i am checking the ph every watering and it is within range. This is why i am a bit confused

Root rot is my guess but not knowing the grow like what CaptainWiese91 is talking about. Nothing at this point other than allowing them to ripen. All those leaf will fall off. Something like you said early on mess with the balance in the soil, combine heat and maybe air circulation fan blowing on them??
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
          CaptainWiese91 commented
          Editing a comment
          I think you burned your roots with too much nutes and most likely burned the roots if you didn’t have run off water.

• Sessan
          Sessan commented
          Editing a comment
          But if the roots are burned because of to much nutes, shouldnt this have happened a long time ago then?Since i have followed the same schedule for a couple of months

• CaptainWiese91
          CaptainWiese91 commented
          Editing a comment
          Depends on what schedule you are using ? We don’t know how much you gave them in veg or in the bloom phase. So for me it’s hard to give you an answer here, sorry
          The same strains, may not eat or drink the same. Even in the same environment.

Not having the run off leads to a build up of salts in the medium (mostly when using bottled nutes), for that you may want to flush them to get the salts out so the PH can balance in the soil. This would be a root zone issue.

Comment

• Sessan
          Sessan commented
          Editing a comment
          I did flush them when i realised how serious it was. And after that i have had runoff water and it is within the right range. I have bought some remedy for root rot now and will see if it helps, fingers crossed

The problem i have with feeding schedule is, it’s hard to know which plant desires this amount of nutrients. If you just following a nute schedule in “blind” and not listening to your plants needs and the early signs of maybe “nute burn” it can go fast in the wrong direction.
        My opinion is it’s way better to look at the plants and see what they are telling you, than finding a nute schedule. You will get a lot more experience in what the plant want. And it always best to give less. Less is more. And every plant is so different. I have 8 of the same strain right now and none is eating the same nutes or drinking the same amount of water
        Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
        You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
          CaptainWiese91 commented
          Editing a comment
          It’s just something I learned a long my journey in the start.
          It’s crazy how different the plants needs are.
          And yea most of the time, you don’t need all that nutrients and can keep it lower than what the schedule says.

And yes stronger light, the more nutrients they also can uptake. It’s really all up to experience and it will only come with mistakes and such stuff.
          I killed all my plants the first 2-3 grows because lack of experience, but it’s got a lot better for me lol

• Sessan
          Sessan commented
          Editing a comment
          Maybe you are right and they are burned, but il just thinking that if the ratio were off from how much nutes i needed i should have seen nute burk or something a long time ago, or why is it suddenly to much nutes now. Im thinking it is something with the ph since it was off for a long time, so should it not rather be a defiancy? Well i will keep on trying and just hope they will survive long enough. But if the roots are burned, is there anything i can do or will the plants die? If nothing else i am a few more experience richer and will try to do a better job next time. Thanks for all the help 😃

• CaptainWiese91
          CaptainWiese91 commented
          Editing a comment
          It really doesn’t look like a deficiency, I know you want it to be a deficiency. It honestly it looks nothing like a deficiency to me. Just my 2 cents

I am not at home but this is what i could find online and it looks like it is the same
        Attached Files

Comment

• Sessan
          Sessan commented
          Editing a comment
          Deleted

looks like a heat issue to me as some of the leaves at the top are pointing up, canoeing and have crispy tips. some strains like it cooler in bloom, some like it arid, not too humid, some prefer a constant breeze etc. The strain is typically the key. If your nutrient schedule has been the same all along it could be a build up.

At this point flushing is what you needed to do. I wouldn't keep adding nutes, just properly PH'd water and check your temps aren't too high and see what happens in a week or two.

If they are root bound as someone mentioned, there is little you can do unless you really want to transplant them to bigger pots
        I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

• dilvish
          dilvish commented
          Editing a comment
          flushing actually is the same as watering. Using Ph'd water you water the plant until you get about 10 -20% run off. It flushes out all the build up of unused nutrients. Essentially every other watering should be a flush. Personally I water twice a week...once with Nutrients in the water and once as a flush. I typically use twice as much water on the flush as I do the Nutrient watering.

• Sessan
          Sessan commented
          Editing a comment
          Hello, i just wasnt sure if you meant the *3 the size of the pot or what it was or a flush threw watering. I have now given them a flush (but am pretty sure it is root rot now
          since a couple of branches are wilting) but why do you give every other water and other with nutes if i may ask? 😃 (and do you do this from veg to flowering?)
          Last edited by Sessan; 02-11-2021, 07:53 PM.

• dilvish
          dilvish commented
          Editing a comment
          basically make sure your temps are in the proper range, if you are seeing branches now wilting its definitely something below possible root rot from overwatering. I think it tends to happen when the plant gets both too much water and too much heat.

As far as watering just make sure the plants have a chance to dry up a bit between waterings. the top 2 inches of the soil should be dry before watering again.

My watering schedule is based on room temps being 24C-27C. I only water twice a week. The first is a Nutrient watering. I then wait 3 days. I check to ensure the pots have dried up a bit then I do a flush with Ph'd water. There tends to be about a 20% run off which I vacuum up with a wet vac. I wait 4 days to allow the pots to dry out again and repeat the cycle.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X