Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP - Flowering concern

Hey everyone
    ok so a few weeks ago I posted some images of serious nute burn which I was having (first time grower) and decided to persevere with just some good ol' pH'd water and it did the trick. I'm managing to get some buds coming in on 2 plants, slow growth but this has become more of a learning project for me now.

My third plant has turned a light green, bending badly on some leaves and the flowing is much slower with some pistils already turning brown. I haven't watered this one for 13 days as I thought it may be an overwatering issue, the pH of the soil is fine and I haven't added any nutes since my mistake of using MG.

Anyone have any suggestions here?

First two images are my "healthier" plants if you can call them that. The last two are the one that's having major issues (hoping they post in the right order, you'll notice the contrasting shades of green)
    Attached Files

13 days without water may be a problem, if the soil holds moisture that long. I would suggest you pick it up and see how heavy or lite it is, then water it and lift it again. Also each plant is an individual, I have 1 girl that needs water at least every day, another that every other day is fine, and can go 3 days.
    Feed them low N high PK for flowers. (PHd of course)

Comment

13 days in a humid bright warm place will certainly stress the plant. some strains react poorly to lack of any water. you need to provide more info especially the set up temps soil etc. The more info you provide the better chance you have at getting a probable resolution.
      I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

Sorry guys
        ok I'm ok a 12/12 night/day cycle growing in soil, temps during the day cycle are about 24 but I have issues with my night cycle as where I live is horrendously cold so as soon as that light goes off it can drop below 15 sometimes. I've tried to combat this by running a heater in the same room at night. PH of the soil is 6.4 and I water normally once a week but that one hadnt for 13 days because it looked droopy and I thought it may have been overwatered. I have since given it some. My water goes in around 6.4 pH and I give 500ml to each plant. Nutes I haven't used for weeks now because of the nute burn I accidentally gave them so I've been giving them time to recover.

Comment

15 is a bit low, if I watered only once per week my plants would be dead. What kind of pot are these in? Does it have really good drainage?
          Another thing I cannot do is water on a schedule, it dont work, one will be dry and another wet.
          Do you get about 25% run off when you water? (slowly)
          BTW improper watering (lack of water) will cause slow growth. Of course to much is bad too.

Comment

13 days without water is definitely a problem! Sometimes it gets around 17c at night here, not the best, but it wont kill them. You might have problems with drainage, what pots are you using? And what type of soil?

Comment

Soil will hold on to water when it is cooler. at 15C it won't need to be watered as much if it drops to that tem for 6 or more hours. It won't kill the plant but cooler temperatures will make them grow more slowly. Are you sure they are photoperiod and not autos? If they were autos you could leave the light on 24/7 and that would fix the heating problem. If those conditions are consistent perhaps try autos on your next grow.

you do need the soil to dry out a bit between waterings but you should be able to tell when they need water by inserting your finger. if the soil is dry to the bone to about 2 inches from the topsoil then it's time to water. Generally speaking, if your temps averaged 24C all the time (in your case only when the light is on) you would likely only need to water them every 4 days or so.. The warmer it is the more the soil dries out but you have to check it.

Nutrients will help but take a reserved approach. too much makes the plants sick. try to remember full spectrum light is food, Nutrients added are vitamins. Like humans the vitamins mean nothing if we don't get the proper kind of food.
              I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X