Pot size vs finish time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pot size vs finish time

I was sitting with the girls this afternoon and was wondering. My purple punch are both exactly the same in every way with the exception of the size of the pots, one in a 2 gallon and the other in a 3. They are the same age, size, bud size, topped the same. The real difference is that the 2 gal has about 25-30% brown pistols and are really starting to curl in where the 3 gallon one has very few brown and have not started to really curl at all. Is it possible that being in a smaller container would make it finish faster or just coincidence?

Never actually thought about that 🤔.
    could just be phenotype??
    Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
    You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

• JDU
      JDU commented
      Editing a comment
      That would be my guess as well.

• Farmbuck
      Farmbuck commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm leaning more on the pheno. Had a similar experience with my Panama Red from Ace. One was more reddish the other just green.

Very interesting theory.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I grow multiples of the same strain often and they’re all different and unpredictable coming from seed. One plant may grow taller with more spacing between nodes and produce a bunch of nugs where it’s sister is short and stout with buds 8” long. One may get a bunch of dark colors and be ripe in 8wks but it’s sister’s buds stayed green and took 9wks. Same tent, same environment 🤷🏻‍♂️

What interest me is the plants being the same size. 1 gallon isn’t much more soil but it’s still more soil. I’m wondering how much denser/heavier the buds get in the extra time it takes that plant to ripen.

Comment

• Xena
        Xena commented
        Editing a comment
        Other than 2 browning first the only other real difference is 3 is MUCH frostier than 2.

Can be so many things. Only way to know is to grow the same way a lot with the same environment same everything really and that ain’t going to happen. One was just lazier than the other.

Comment

My $0.02 is that the "strains" are not necessarily stable from the seed banks. Where did you get the beans from?

Comment

• JDU
          JDU commented
          Editing a comment
          True. An F1 or F2 would be all over the place. It takes a few generations of selective breeding to create a true strain with any uniformity.

• Xena
          Xena commented
          Editing a comment
          Barney’s farm purple punch auto fem.

• billyboy
          billyboy commented
          Editing a comment
          Barney's rep is they are pretty stable. When I have had to use different sized ports there was a noticeable difference in the size of the plant and the harvest amount but not the finish time (which is why I asked about the strain).

Off-thread-topic, but have you ever grown Barny's Tangerine Dream?

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X