Cherry pie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cherry pie

Just a quick question. A friend gave me a few beans from a dispensary strain called cherry pie. I did a little research and know that it's a cross between GDP and Durban Poison. A heavy Indica hybrid. Read that it has a tendency to hermie and it takes a long time to finish outdoors. After last year's challenges with WPM, just wanted to ask if it's worth trying this strain outdoors or to try some other choices I have. Also noticed it's not offered exclusively but as a hybrid with most breaders. Unstable genetics?. Any info is greatly appreciated. Ok so not such a quick question. Thanks.

Ok, the seed is (GDP x Durban Poison) x ?, we/you may never know what the other parent is (without expensive genetic testing). My thoughts on "Bag Seed" is, if you have plenty of stash, and have time etc. to grow it out go for it. IF you need the stash, plant known genetics. Another reason to grow it out would be if you have a hard time getting good seed to your area, otherwise just do it as a fun grow project, you dont know what you will get. It may also carry a marker for hermies, could be a male, you wont know until it flowers and finishes. IF you grow it, you may want to take a cutting and clone it, then IF it's the next evolution and kicks ass you can keep it growing (GG4 was a mistake in the grow room), share it with others etc..
    Almost everything is a hybrid today.

Comment

Thanks Rwise. Always the man. I am a total novice at this so I guess one of my questions is if the oz of flower he bought at the dispensary had a total of about ten seeds, wouldn't that point to a Hermie? And if so then still be pure cherry pie? And then my next question would be if so then has anyone attempted to grow this strain outdoors? I only grow for fun and don't smoke. I understand the male female thing and the tendency to hermie. Was just trying to find out a little bit about the strain itself. Thanks again.

Comment

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        But what else was growing at the same grow site? It could be from a hermied Cherry Pie, but it could just as well be from another strain that hermied, or had a male in the group. A grow shop near me got 1000 MALE White Widows from a batch of seed.

• Bowhunterwoody
        Bowhunterwoody commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks again Rwise

A logical conclusion Rwise.
      Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
      5 gallon cloth pots
      30"x30"x60" tent
      Spider Farmer SE3000
      Coco Pearlite mix
      GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X