Leaf Discoloration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Leaf Discoloration

Hi everyone! First time grower and the information on this site has been extremely helpful.

However I am having a leaf discoloration issue and I can't identify it.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Here is my setup:

Growing 3 autoflower plants in a 32 x32 63" grow tent
    Growing in Coco Coir / Perelite
    Cal-Mag - 5 ml / gal
    GH Flora Series - 2.5 ml each / gal
    pH balanced water @ 5.9-6.2
    Viparspectra 600W LED - only veg switch on - 32" above plants
    RH - 55-57
    Temp 77-80
    Plenty or ventilation - 6" fan ducted to attic

Thanks!!

Doesn't look too bad - but I'm not sure what it is - sorry. Check your manufacturers specs on your lights - I think the light should be closer.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• BigOlBug
      BigOlBug commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the input Canuck147! How fast do you think I should lower the light? It is currently at 35".

• Canuck147
      Canuck147 commented
      Editing a comment
      I would put it to what the manufacturer specified - and not incrementaly.

Welcome to the forum. Please put both switches on veg. and bloom. NOW and i would raise those plants with risers or lower the light. Those autos want that bloom light else your gonna loose quality and quantity. They want full spectrum watch the leafs for a day or two then lower the light.

Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

These discolorations are caused by PH fluctuations. Do a flush with PH'd water and then re-water with your nutrients.
      Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
      5 gallon cloth pots
      30"x30"x60" tent
      Spider Farmer SE3000
      Coco Pearlite mix
      GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

Originally posted by SoOrbudgal View Post
        Welcome to the forum. Please put both switches on veg. and bloom. NOW and i would raise those plants with risers or lower the light. Those autos want that bloom light else your gonna loose quality and quantity. They want full spectrum watch the leafs for a day or two then lower the light.
        Thanks SoOrbudgal!

I was not sure when to turn the grow switch on. These are about three weeks old and I was thinking week five. Both switches are on now.

Do you think a good way to lower the light is move it from 35" to 24" a couple inches every few days?

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          I would lower it 5" a day till 24" keeping an eye on any leaf curl like taco or crinkly leaf but those plants are healthy and should not get mad about the change they will love you and the leaf will rise like little hands reaching for the light, that's a good sign. We all just watch for different changes in grows you will become familiar as you get more grows going. So far so good an keep us all posted with pics

Originally posted by OldManGrower View Post
        These discolorations are caused by PH fluctuations. Do a flush with PH'd water and then re-water with your nutrients.
        Your advice is greatly appreciated OldManGrower!

My water has been reading around 6.15 after adding all the nutrients in.

What do you suggest the pH should be?

Should I vary the pH when I water?

Comment

• OldManGrower
          OldManGrower commented
          Editing a comment
          6.7-6.8 seem to work well for most strains I have tried. I have one plant that really does better at 7.0.

• BigOlBug
          BigOlBug commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks again!

• dilvish
          dilvish commented
          Editing a comment
          in coir it should be 5.5 to 6.5 and check this out https://www.growweedeasy.com/wp-cont...ule-custom.jpg

the discolouring could just be you accidentally spilled some of the nutrient water on the leaves.

Check Nebula's nutrient schedule for autos in coco with GH trio. I think you're a little high on some of those.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210131_113900.jpg
Views:	424
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	488046
        2X4X6 Quictent
        1.5x3x5 Gorilla tent
        600w LED (80)
        1000w LED (180)
        2 X Viparspectra P-1000
        2 X 4" fan with carbon filter ducted to unused boiler chimney
        6" battery/usb fans
        Mother Earth 70/30 coco/perlite
        GH trio with Calimagic
        Lung room humidifier
        3 and 5 gal plastic buckets Nebulas coco for autos nute schedule.
        ArmorSi, kelp when needed
        Running at pH 6.0

Grow 3
        Northern Lights auto
        (Seedsman)
        auto 00 Kush
        (00Seeds)

Grow 4 8/23
        2x Northern lights auto
        1 auto 00 Kush
        1 Critical photo

Don't just "grow weed",
        Cultivate a masterpiece.

Comment

• BigOlBug
          BigOlBug commented
          Editing a comment
          Agreed!

Thanks Catfish22!

Hi Folks!

Here is an update. Turned on the bloom switch and gradually lowered my light from 34 to 28". That's where the manufacturer recommends. I will be going down to 24" in the next week.

They received a pH balanced plain water as advised and the next watering was this morning with Nebula Haze's awesome Coco Coir Nutrient Schedule. Thank you Nebula Haze!!!

Also, I am on day 2 of LST and I think they are looking good. Whatdaya think???

Thanks everyone for your excellent advice!!!

Comment

I agree with OldManGrower and with delvish. I have had the same discoloring marks twice this grow and it was a pH fluctuation. In coco you must be in the 5.5 to 6.5 range but I did not solve my problem until I got down to 5.5. In coco, pH lockout does not always happen across the board with all nutients. Iron, boron, manganese, copper and zinc do not uptake well until you are in the 5 to 5.5 range. My filtered tap water comes at 8 from the tap and I had to keep bringing it down until I reached 5.5 when my problems cleared up. Even at 6, I was still too high. I've said it many times on here - pH MATTERS!
          Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
          Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
          Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
          Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
          Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
          i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
          My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
          make pH correction unnecessary
          Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
          8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
          Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
          Semper Fidelis!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X