Opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions?

I was just doing a little research on growing OG Kush and apparently the plant is a serious calcium pig. What I'm asking myself now is should I push the calcium in the initial planting mix so it's available, or wait until late veg and supplement then? I'm concerned that having too much calcium early on could have it's own set of consequences and that if I wait it could cause issues. I will be growing in 5 gallon pots outdoors with living soil. .Any thoughts or insights would be greatly appreciated. Thanks -
    Last edited by crucialbunny; 02-05-2021, 01:33 AM.

I tend to wait until the plant tells me it's having issues.
    Look at a Mulder chart-that will show you that calcium is an antagonist to most of the nutrients, so excess will create uptake issues with a lot of other elements.
    WHAT???
    5x5 grow space
    900w of Vero's and F-strips
    4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

• crucialbunny
      crucialbunny commented
      Editing a comment
      Good points. One of the nice things about living soils is that they pretty much keep themselves PH balanced and I do fear that a lot of calcium early on could disrupt that acidic balance. Thank you

I agree with this subject i tend to wait and see.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X