X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Timer, would appreciate some inputs

Hi all,

I hope everyone is doing well.

This is my first time growing and I have a few questions about the flowering phase.

This is my grow:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0724.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	3.91 MB
ID:	487837

Tent - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Light - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Strain: Unknown

Smaller (1)
    - Soil - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    - 1 Gallon pot - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Name:	IMG_0719.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	3.13 MB
ID:	487838

Bigger (2)
    - Hydro - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    - 1 air pump

Name:	IMG_0703.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	2.43 MB
ID:	487839

Ferts:
    - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

PH adjust - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Temps: 74-76 during the day and 67-70 at night.
    Humidity: Stable around 50-55%

Comments:

About the smaller (1): it is entering the 8th week of flowering, as you may see in the pictures the buds are quite small. Although I'm starting to see some growth now it seems it should be way fatter at this point. From what I can see on the website and forum I may have defoliated too much when transitioning to the flowering phase. I also think I had some PH issues (see leaves). I started testing my runoff water a couple of weeks ago and it was coming out around 5.3-5.5 PH so I started raising the in water to 7.25 and now it's coming out closer to 6.

For the bigger (2): mostly looking for suggestions and corrections from (1) so I get a better result. PH in at around 5.75-6. I'm using Hydroguard and Sweet Berry supplement besides the ferts above.

Questions (1):
    What are your thoughts about the bud growth status?
    The yellowing leaves seems like potassium deficiency or would you say it's normal for this stage?

I've added some trichome pictures too. I don't mind losing some THC and get fatter buds.

Questions (2):
    How is it looking overall? Any suggestions? I'm leaving it bushier than (1).

I appreciate any feedback and let me know if I left out any important info.
    Attached Files

They look good to me, honestly.

the second one does have enough nutes for now. All your tips are burned a bit. So hold back on the N in the feeding. Otherwise they look healthy.

nice setup in that small tent 👍🏻
    Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
    You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainWiese91 View Post
      They look good to me, honestly.

the second one does have enough nutes for now. All your tips are burned a bit. So hold back on the N in the feeding. Otherwise they look healthy.

nice setup in that small tent 👍🏻
      Thanks. I usually give it the same amount of the 3 nutes but Flora Micro is the one with higher N, should I put less of that one alone or reduce all by the same amount?

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
        CaptainWiese91 commented
        Editing a comment
        I don’t know the nutrient line. But if you have one without N at all (bloom booster) would be perfect.

Overall nice first grow.

I am a big believer in defoliation to get bigger and better buds so don't shy away from that or LST. How long did you have them in veg?

Yellowing at 8 weeks is pretty normal in my book - no worries there.

What strain(s)?

Comment

Originally posted by billyboy View Post
        Overall nice first grow.

I am a big believer in defoliation to get bigger and better buds so don't shy away from that or LST. How long did you have them in veg?

Yellowing at 8 weeks is pretty normal in my book - no worries there.

What strain(s)?

Thanks.

I don't know the strain unfortunately. I wasn't really planning on growing I basically decided to try when I found 2 seeds so my veg timeline may be a bit off but looks like (1) 7 weeks and (2) 11 weeks. (2) was originally in soil and then I transplanted to hydro early on and it seemed to stunt growth for a while but then picked up pretty good, I may proceed with hydro only in the future. (1) is in the 8th week of flowering and (2) 4 and half. I've been doing LST but pretty much done when they stopped streaching. Do you think I should still do it to getter better light spread?

What do you think about (1) bud growth? Now is the time that it picks up or I may have done something that crippled growth? I ask because I saw that harvesting usually is around the 10th week so they seem slim at this point. I can get better pictures if needed

Comment

Originally posted by WeedingOptions View Post

Thanks. I usually give it the same amount of the 3 nutes but Flora Micro is the one with higher N, should I put less of that one alone or reduce all by the same amount?
          I just realized one mistake here on how I've been giving nutes (General Hydroponics). It shouldn't be the same amount per their instructions, I'll fix my measurements from now on.

Comment

Your plants look fine to me and the differences between them are strain differences. Your bud sizes are most likely correct for these strains. It is normal for some of the lower and middle leaves to yellow and fall off at this stage of your grow. Your over PH is a little to low. Try for 6.7-6.8. Also you may work some molasses into your watering schedule. About one tablespoon per gallon. This allegedly, will help your buds fatten up by adding sugar to your nutrients. I do not believe your defoliated too much, in fact, you have several large fan leaves blocking the lower buds from the light. Open those puppies up a little more.
            Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
            5 gallon cloth pots
            30"x30"x60" tent
            Spider Farmer SE3000
            Coco Pearlite mix
            GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

Originally posted by OldManGrower View Post
              Your plants look fine to me and the differences between them are strain differences. Your bud sizes are most likely correct for these strains. It is normal for some of the lower and middle leaves to yellow and fall off at this stage of your grow. Your over PH is a little to low. Try for 6.7-6.8. Also you may work some molasses into your watering schedule. About one tablespoon per gallon. This allegedly, will help your buds fatten up by adding sugar to your nutrients. I do not believe your defoliated too much, in fact, you have several large fan leaves blocking the lower buds from the light. Open those puppies up a little more.
              Thanks.

You think they are different strains? I actually have them in different timelines so they seem different but I found them in the same stash.

I'm using Botanicare Sweet Berry in my hydro mix, I will add it to (1) soil too.

Your comment about defoliating is directed to (2) correct? I was going a little more conservative with that one after being more aggressive with (1). I'll do some work this Sunday when I exchange the water (2).

Comment

I started adding molasses to the water for the flush and experienced fatter buds and more dry weight - so that is one way to get them to bulk up some in the final weeks. There are lots of posts about that(1 - 1 1/2 tbsp/gal is where I think the sweet spot is)

Here is a good read as you think about your next grow:
                Almost all indoor growers want bigger cannabis yields for less money, time and effort. Today I will cover 5 easy ways to increase your indoor marijuana yields at harvest time, no matter which...

Comment

Originally posted by billyboy View Post
                  I started adding molasses to the water for the flush and experienced fatter buds and more dry weight - so that is one way to get them to bulk up some in the final weeks. There are lots of posts about that(1 - 1 1/2 tbsp/gal is where I think the sweet spot is)

Here is a good read as you think about your next grow:
                  https://www.growweedeasy.com/how-to-...yields-indoors
                  Thanks, I read those a few weeks back. I'm using this other product (Botanicare Sweet Berry: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1) in my hydro setup (2) since transitioned to flowering and I started adding it to (1) last Thursday to see if helps the bud growth. Based on what I saw here in the forum and website I still feel (1) is not doing very well in that department. I've took new pictures of both as an update. The yellowing leaves on (1) seems to have somewhat stalled since Thursday (I water every Thursday and Sunday) not sure if it's because I fixed the PH and nute mix or not. The affected leaves are brittle and they feel like plastic to the touch.

Here's a closer look to the small buds =/

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0745.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.40 MB ID:	488603

I also trimmed (2) to get more light in.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                    SoOrbudgal commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I don't know but i've had thick leathery leaf like yours when i over fertilized thick an tough they were. But buds were good so was the smoke. Any how i think i'd be happy with your grow for sure. Folks that do DWC say that the old fashioned molasses clogs the lines, best you use what you stated for hydro. sweeteners.

• billyboy
                    billyboy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Sorry man - I missed that you are a hydro grower.

• WeedingOptions
                    WeedingOptions commented
                    Editing a comment
                    No problem, I actually have on hydro and one soil.

I posted a question about what potentially could be bananas showing up over the sticky post if you can take a look too -> https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...787#post488787

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X