Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cleaning off spider mite eggs after drying

Hi Forum, i could use some help.
    Sadly i had a rough grow this time cause i moved and then got sick with a hoospital stay, so now i have a harvest that was plagued during the grow by spider mites. I kept it under control but even after drying i have some webbing on my plants. I was hoping you could give me some tips on cleaning off the leftover eggs and shit and whatever else might be left that i shouldn't vape.
    I have baking soda and lemon juice. Would dipping the buds in that and washing that off with water get off all of it? Or might less be enough? Or do you have different cleaning techniques that might be better suited for that particular "dirt"?
    Would appreciate some knowledge if you have it.

dunk em in ice water for about an hour then rinse them and dry them again. Not much else you can do after they have dried. Spider mites like humidity but not water so immersing them should clear off any remaining
    I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

• dilvish
      dilvish commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry, I should have said nice clean water not ice water !!. Lukewarm water is just fine and remember to air dry them with a fan (low or no heat)

I'd pass on the ice water, you might break off trichomes.

But yeah, body temp water (not warm/cold to touch) in 3 buckets in the traditional way should work just fine.

Washed all mine last year and was kinda scared to try it.

You couldn't imagine the amount of crap on those plants. I'll never not wash.

It's simple, 3 buckets with (1) cup of lemon juice, (1) cup of baking soda and 1 with just clean water. You could add a 4th bucket and peroxide for any fungus/mildew.

I did baking soda first then lemon juice and it seemed to make a difference on the foaming happening.

Do a nice gentle uppy downy for 30 seconds or so each bucket, and bob's your uncle.

Hang with an oscillating fan. Best of Lucks!
    Learned a lot this year. pH and whiteflies are issues that need controlling. Maybe an auto over January.....hmmmm...

Comment

Thank you Floopydoop
      Never actually heard of putting the baking soda and leon juice in different buckets, makes a lot of sense tho since you want the reaction to happen on the bud and not when you mix it. I'll do that. Thanks for the tip

Comment

• MeEasy
        MeEasy commented
        Editing a comment
        I would definitely use the peroxide but before the final rinse with clean water And be careful not to beat your buds on the bottom or sides but a good dunk is necessary to dislodge any stuck on critters

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X