Can't figure this out...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't figure this out...

I'm getting some kind of tip burn, that looks like potassium deficiency. I am using nutrients made for cannibis at 20 - 5 - 10 at 1/2 the recommended dose. Thought that it might be light burn so I moved my lights farther away and then tried them on just the Veg setting. My PH is right on, 6.2 going in and 6.33 runoff. Humidity has been a little low, from 40% to 50%.. I'm at a loss, any help would be much appreciated...

Click image for larger version  Name:	JQ8zang.jpg Views:	0 Size:	185.0 KB ID:	487543Click image for larger version  Name:	wMYh1gn.jpg Views:	0 Size:	209.1 KB ID:	487544
    Last edited by MuskieMan; 02-03-2021, 10:49 AM.
    Potting Soil Pro-Mix HP.
    Grow Light Phlizon 1200 watts LED grow light.
    Grow Tent 36 inches by 36 inches by 72 inches high.
    Circulation 2 six inch fans.
    Humidity 48% to 54% depending when I water the plants.
    Temperature 70 degrees F. with lights off. 78 degrees F. with lights on.

I think your low humidity is causing the plants to uptake more water and that makes it easier to overfeed. My guess is that it is nute burn and 50% strength is still too high at this early stage. Others with more experience may have different theories.

Comment

• MuskieMan
      MuskieMan commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello RetiredGuy, Thanks for your input. I have increased the humidity to 55 to 60% just by putting a few buckets with standing water and an old aquarium air pump to bubble it up a little. Will take a wait and see if it helps attitude...

Doesn’t look like nute burn to me. Normally nute burn will only affect the “tip” and not all tips of the leaves.

how big is the pot. ? How much water are they getting and how often ? Humidity is fine, in my opinion. I’m growing on 45-55 % in the veg time, mine are doing fine.

I read nebula made an article on watering practices and how many deficiencies the plant can show under under-watering and or over watering,

but it is very dark green, I would maybe slow down on the N in the feed you are giving.
    Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
    You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

• MuskieMan
      MuskieMan commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello CaptainWiese91, thanks for the input. I have been watering 2 litres of PH. water with nutes per 3 gallon pot per week. This week I cut it down to 1 litre per pot. Ready to try anything, I just don't know what is causing the problem.

• CaptainWiese91
      CaptainWiese91 commented
      Editing a comment
      Maybe your watering routine, which you already corrected.
      3 gallons is 11 litre. So I would say 2 litre of water is quite enough.

I’m starting to think your plants doesn’t need anymore N and is hungry for some potassium. Because you have the Ph in range so it shouldn’t be a lockout. Maybe only give it water for a couple of times so see it it increases the leaf symptoms? If it does you are certainly on it’s a potassium issue.

But honestly it looks like a bad watering practice and the symptoms is showing that

If that NPK formula is correct then it's likely too much Nitrogen. PH should be 6.5 for soil. Make sure you test the PH of the water after the nutrients are mixed in as it does make a difference. Also, if you are using special soil, they don't requrie nutes for the first few weeks.
    I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

• MuskieMan
      MuskieMan commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello dilvish, thanks for your input. I have suspected that my nutrients might be part of the problem. I grow in soil, what nutrients would you recommend?

• dilvish
      dilvish commented
      Editing a comment
      MuskieMan I use General Hydroponics Flora Trio with CalMag. According to Nebula Haze (Grow Weed Easy Founder), it's a good bet so I went with it. Seems to do fine but I'd say it is better suited to Hydroponic or Coir. With that in mind I may try something else down the road...something more Organic in nature and see if there is a big difference. Note: There is a guide on GWE for the GH Trio...just make sure you look at the Drain to Waste one (Soil or Coir) versus the Hydroponics one.
      For many people, nutrients can be a pretty confusing topic. Not only are there tons of companies to wade through, but some companies have multiple nutrient lines, extra supplements, additives, etc. And once you’re through with that, you still have to figure out how much and how often to feed your plants. Luckily, many of the major nutrient lines out today will grow great cannabis. However, some can empty your wallet and leave you with much more work than is needed!

Thanks divish, I read up on the Flora Trio and came across another General Hydroponics product called Flora Nova. It seems to be a lot simpler, one for Grow and one for Bloom and that's it. Still debating as to which one to use. I also picked up a TDS meter so I might be able to dial in exactly what the plants need using this chart...
    Click image for larger version

Name:	0EMu3fI.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	184.2 KB
ID:	488177
    Potting Soil Pro-Mix HP.
    Grow Light Phlizon 1200 watts LED grow light.
    Grow Tent 36 inches by 36 inches by 72 inches high.
    Circulation 2 six inch fans.
    Humidity 48% to 54% depending when I water the plants.
    Temperature 70 degrees F. with lights off. 78 degrees F. with lights on.

Comment

• dilvish
      dilvish commented
      Editing a comment
      whatever works for you as there are several types on the market. Like all growers it comes down to practice makes perfect.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X