Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yellow leaves

Hi.
    First post and require some help identifying the problem with my leaves.DWC grow in 4th week of flower under 600W HPS using GH trio nutrients. Roots looking good . PH tends to keep dropping back to below 5.5
    Anyone out there able to help.
    Thanks

Forgot to add also using Hydroguard and CalMag.
    Could it be Calcium or Magnesium deficiency and I need to up the Cal Mag dose?

Comment

Originally posted by GoonerBud View Post
      Forgot to add also using Hydroguard and CalMag.
      Could it be Calcium or Magnesium deficiency and I need to up the Cal Mag dose?
      Hi GoonerBud
      Looks to me like the PH is too low for both Calcium and Magnesium. I think you need to up the PH. Have a read of this link for Calcium. You can find the Magnesium page as well. I would concentrate on the PH, not adding more CalMag.
      Calcium deficiencies cause tiny brown spots that appear on new and middle growth. Learn how to fix this problem for good!

I am not a hydro grower but I know that PH can be tuff to maintain properly. I think other nutrients do require a PH around 5.5 but not Cal and Mag so it can be frustrating and confusion to get it right for all.
      You're still going to get some good smoke I bet. Good luck!
      Past Grows: Jack 47 Auto - La Bella Afrodita - Black Cream and Cheese Autos
      I like weed and science.

Comment

If you are growing in soil then 5.5 is too low for the PH. With the GH trio make sure you PH the water AFTER you add the nutes.. soil should be between 6.0 and 7.0...6.5 if you can.
        I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

Its right there in your post "PH tends to keep dropping back to below 5.5", fix this.

Comment

He's DWC needs 6.0
            Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
            indoor/outdoor grower
            1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
            1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
            I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
            Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
            Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
            Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Hi everybody who has replied. I appreciate your help. A pH problem seems to be the overall opinion.
              However what I need to know is what could be repeatedly bringing the pH down to 5.0 so quickly after I correct it back to 6.0 with pH+ ???

Comment

I dont grow with DWC, but it is my understanding of it that the PH drops and must be checked daily.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X