Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When should I start feeding my autos?

Dear Fellow Growers,

I would like to have your advice on when to start feeding my auto Sour Diesels. They are 5 weeks from seed and just started showing tiny pre-flowers yesterday. The top half of the 5 gal pots is happy frog and the lower half is 50/50 ocean forest/happy frog. No additional nutes have been added yet, ‘I think the plant color looks good which tells me they don’t need to be fed yet. However, I am concerned that they may need “bloom” nutrients for proper flowering. They look a little rough because I just rearranged the tie downs. Thanks in advance.

I feed mine at this stage - but I don't use hot soil - so not sure how they will react.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• Cheeba
      Cheeba commented
      Editing a comment
      This bloom nute schedule is working for me: week 5 quarter strength, week 6-8 half strength, week 9 quarter strength, week 10 water/flush (assumes week 11 harvest).

• RetiredGuy
      RetiredGuy commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, I have enjoyed watching your grow progress.

the natural nutes in the soil should be depleted now. you should start giving proper feedings to make them larger and produce more buds. Just remember that nutes are vitamins, sunshine (or full spectrum light) is food. Vitamins are useless if there isn't proper food.
    I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

• RetiredGuy
      RetiredGuy commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, I hope I have the light part covered. I swapped my burple out for a Mars Hydro SP3000, which based on the reviews looked perfect for my 2 x 4 closet.

I agree with your thoughts as well as the others here too. Time to add a little bit and as you said, I would lean towards something heavier in P & K. The color looks good but waiting for a deficiency isn't always the best idea because it often can take a week or too to display the symptoms after the deficiency has started. Use your experience, which seems to be on point with this one.

Comment

Thanks everyone for taking time to respond. I will start 25% strength bloom nute feeding next watering and work it up from there.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X