Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All Y'all read the news letter this week? Spinosad may not be safe!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All Y'all read the news letter this week? Spinosad may not be safe!

This article makes me glad I put in my posts "said to be safe". My state (OK) is one that does not allow commercial grows to use it as there are no studies on smoking it. I will not toss what I have, but it will be used on the tomatoes instead of the MJ.
    It also kills honey bees, and we certainly need them, here there are few wild hives left. So maybe IF I use this stuff and only use it at dark:30 so the bees are home safe and sound.
    Last year the grows near me turned loose a ton of ladybugs followed by praying mantis and my outdoor bug problems vanished.

It’s been banned here in Canada for a while.

Comment

Don’t even think you can get that in Denmark either. Denmark is too organic for selling and using that.
      same with neem oil
      Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
      You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

SiriusFourside Maybe we can add to that list!
        Y'all that live in a banned area do tell us so a full list can be made!

Comment

Rwise Thanks for the info. I couldn't find papers on the Denmark one, but I added it anyway to be on the safe side. Also, I found out that spinosad is banned in Michigan so that one goes on the list.

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
            CaptainWiese91 commented
            Editing a comment
            I will take a look when I’m back in Denmark again.
            I know a lot of farmers they should could provide me with some papers with info.

Well I already Got some answers. I called my dad.

spinosad is going to get ilegal on fruit and vegetables in Denmark. But, yea there is a but.
          Denmark with our “food administration” and our “organic administration” is trying to get it on the list. But EU (the union) is “blocking” the move. Because EU has decided a small % of spinosad is allowed on fruit, vegetables etc. and is still sold as “organic” 🤦🏼🤦🏼 And apparently they are controlling everything in Bruxelles.

So Denmark is working on it. But it will take some time with the EU union. Some parts will lose a lot of money, all the fruit countries of course.
          Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
          You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

I never recommend spraying Anything on flowering cannabis plants. Pest are a natural part of the gardening world with the best action being proactive, Beneficial insects is my Perfered choice a long side A good IPM practice IMHO can win half the battle there. Iv used spinosad in veg for Thrips because Iv had NEEM (smell and taste ) carry over from veg to flowering and both have become one of my last resorts before tossing plants, I never use spinosad in flower like some state it can be and have never noticed anything Residual from a treatment in veg to flower but that does not mean it is not present. Now you got me thinking about a test, I sprayed spinosad on my whole grow (veg and mothers) 6 months ago at a rate of 6 Applications over 12 days for Thrips, that includes mother plants that are upwards of 2 years old and have had a previous treatment one yearish ago.

Spinosad is not a no go for Montana's cannabis industry below low limits SiriusFourside for your list.
            Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20210131-102459_Drive.jpg Views:	0 Size:	439.8 KB ID:	486649
            Last edited by Mr.furley; 01-31-2021, 02:43 PM.
            You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Damn just like I have been telling people don’t trust what the bottle says. They claim safe till harvest but I don’t believe it. Another reason for why I use living soil and beneficial insects. Otherwise just buy dispensary buds.

Comment

Correct me if I am wrong but there is no proof that it is in fact harmful to humans? There appears to be evidence that eating it on treated fruits/veg is harmless. As well as this quote from SiriusFourside "Although we feel confident that Spinosad is safe to use on cannabis plants, we don’t want to lead growers astray and have their weed rejected by regulatory agencies."
                The main negative aspect of it is the danger it posses to beneficial insects. Maybe i missed something. Thanks

Comment

Smokesteve I haven't seen any proof that spinosad is harmful to humans. In fact, humans, dogs, and cats have been safely eating spinosad for many years. The problem is that there hasn't been testing on the effects of smoking spinosad. That doesn't mean it's harmful, we're just erring on the side of caution since so many places are banning it.

Additionally, as you said, it can be harmful to beneficial insects, including bees. Honestly, I think it's the bees that give people cause for concern.

Comment

• Xena
                    Xena commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Exactly! Kill off all the bees and see how long people are still around.

I think it's not to be sold in Oregon also
                  Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
                  indoor/outdoor grower
                  1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
                  1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
                  I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
                  Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
                  Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
                  Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X