Newby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newby

First timer here, everything was going smooth in the dwc hydroponic vessel then the leafs started to get thinner and white in the middle, im not sure what's wrong, thought it was the ph, but redid the whole set up and new growth I'd doing the same thing, please impart some wisdom

7-Step Remedy to 99% of Cannabis Growing Problems​​

Comment

Originally posted by Renegade View Post
      First timer here, everything was going smooth in the dwc hydroponic vessel then the leafs started to get thinner and white in the middle, im not sure what's wrong, thought it was the ph, but redid the whole set up and new growth I'd doing the same thing, please impart some wisdom
      Hi Renegade ,
      Are you giving the plant any magnesium? It sure looks like she isn't getting any for some reason.
      Past Grows: Jack 47 Auto - La Bella Afrodita - Black Cream and Cheese Autos
      I like weed and science.

Comment

I am using maxigro, as the agent, it has magnesium in it, but ok, ill get some extra and put it in

Comment

Thanks hopefully it will not spread once I put some in there

Comment

Is that a tomato plant in the tent also ?😆
          Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
          You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

Yes sir, got to mix in some camo

Comment

Well for the update, the roots were not getting nutrients, though it was algae, cleaned the system etc, unfortunately I'm am idiot, it was actually not algae but a bacteria slime I think??? So 😅😅😅 I'm looking up what to do
              Attached Files

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                SoOrbudgal commented
                Editing a comment
                Well shoot at OK you get a pass on that one LOL. I'm no hydro person but heck those don't look too bad you caught it soon.

Looks like peroxide and a rinse, and check back in a day or 2, but this hydroponics is a lot more work then advertised

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
                CaptainWiese91 commented
                Editing a comment
                The reason why I never tried hydro yet. Seems like a lot of maintenance..
                But I’m taking my hat hat off for all the hydro growers out there 🙏🏻

You might want to run Hydroguard in your reservoir. My first grow was DWC and never had root problems. My current grow is in soil and I must say that I am not missing the daily pH adjustments and biweekly reservoir changes.

What temp does your reservoir run?

Comment

So update, the place I'm at has the brown bacteria standard here, the only way to counter act it is a little bit of peroxide, I also run the water for an hour under a UV light, ended up saving it.
                Attached Files

Comment

I got one of those mystery plants, and have no clue how to ID the plant.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                    SoOrbudgal commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I can only say so by leaf skinny it's some sort of sativa, fat finger leaf it's a indica of some sort?

Try using HydroGuard, Looks like root rot. There may be light getting in through the white bucket which will cause it. Also find a way to make sure no light can get to your water/nutes. I've had the problem and solved it with Hydro Guard and a cheap blanket that covers my 3 buckets so no light gets in.

Comment

Hmmm ...looks like you have cupping on leaves also how's your temps? How close are your lights?

Comment

Thanks for the input everybody, the root rot was a bacteria in this country's water purification system. It's there no matter what a little peroxide fixed that luckily

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X