Help - young clones Yellowing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help - young clones Yellowing

I am about to try another sea of green with young clones and am worried since they are experiencing yellowing leaves. The cuttings were from very young mothers, just big enough to get 4 cuttings off each. I ph'd the water to around 5.7 to soak the cubes, used rooting powder and gel and have neen following the recommended regimen pretty closely. temperatures around 75. the only thing i didnt follow was that i didnt ue fluorescents to start. I have my 300 w Mar Hydro LED set jut on grow, and up at over 30 inches and I wonder if that caused more photosynthesis that depleted resources in the cuttings. I have had great success previously with cloning, but am a little worried. See the photo from roday, which is 8 days since they were put in the cubes i am leaning towards adding some nutrients, but from reading that could be a bad thing. they are gradually being hardened, and none wilted when left uncovered for awhile yesterday so I think we are in pretty good shape. these cubes are a lot bigger than the jiffy tablets i used previously. any advice is appreciated.
    A happy Canuk. this grow will be using Flora Flex nutrients in coco/perlite. 9 plants in 3 by 3 tent and 8 plants in 2 by 4, in 1 or 2 gallon pots (whatevere is there). manual fertigation planned. veg till around 1 ft high. 2 by 4 tent light is Bloom Plus 2500 and 3 by 3 tent has Mar Hydro Ts3000, both of which seem awesome.

5,7 in PH is a little low. Calcium and other stuff can’t get absorbed under 6,2.
    What is your Humidity levels ?
    Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
    You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

kept em in the dome shut with tons of condensation, only opened to spray a couple of times a day quickly so humidity was really high. tent is at 45 outside the dome. i read in several places that for these cubes to ph the water to 5.5 - darn. i wouldnt care if i started to see roots. first time for the cubes, and not sure why i changed. oh well. a friend will have a bunch of cuttings for me in a couple of weeks, if this doesnt work out. Stillllllll. darn
      A happy Canuk. this grow will be using Flora Flex nutrients in coco/perlite. 9 plants in 3 by 3 tent and 8 plants in 2 by 4, in 1 or 2 gallon pots (whatevere is there). manual fertigation planned. veg till around 1 ft high. 2 by 4 tent light is Bloom Plus 2500 and 3 by 3 tent has Mar Hydro Ts3000, both of which seem awesome.

Comment

I don’t ever PH the water or presoak or anything. Don’t mind the instructions. All I do I soak them in drinking water and stick my clones in after I dip them in kelp meal tea and aloe Vera. What I’m saying is the clones look good it just looks like you are over spraying them? Also the cubes look super wet? Try letting them dry out, not completely but when they begging to feel just a bit dry then dip them in water only the bottom as to not soak the entire cube. Just to let the root zone be wet. I usually dip them in kelp meal water because it has rooting hormones.

Comment

Sorry to see these having trouble but they could recover. I got a whole tray of those rockwool never used them they were a gift which i will gladly give away LOL. Sorry like you i've just used my soil in little containers after they are rooted.
          Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
          indoor/outdoor grower
          1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
          Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
          Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

My last batch was cut, stuck in fresh aloe, and planted in soil, no dome, no spraying, reduced light strength, no wilting and 100% survival, RH 45% temps 72* - 78*F.
            Those look to be eating the lower leaves to survive. Spraying discourages roots as does to much RH, if they get the moisture they think they need via leaves, why make roots?

Comment

so? it seems youre suggesting letting them dry out. am trying that now. sure enough, the cubes were absolutely soaking.

Comment

the advice on drying matched up with my reading. i set the cubes on towels and oaked out a ton of water. cuttings didnt wilt overnight. hopefully the roots start peeking out now. maybe it wasnt the cubes but me being too attentive. still hoping to get a grow out of these.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X