Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Autoflower Update: Bloody Skunk

Good day all,
    No issues here, Just wanted to share an update on my Bloody Skunk Auto.
    Had some calmag issues earlier on which -with the help of others here- was corrected. (Many thanks to those who helped or commented!)

grow info:
    76 days from seedling (11 weeks)

last topdress:
    Jan 9.
    - 3tbsp 2-8-4 bloom,
    - 1tbsp kelp meal,
    - 1/2 tbsp bat guano,
    - Mycorrhizae fungi,
    - 1 cup worm castings.

showing some very nice fall colours, really happy with how she’s turned out!
    Right now I’m deciding on a chop date
    Attached Files

Wow what interesting colors. It would kill me watching buds turn brownish. Lol. Looking good!
    Old school outdoor renegade finally indoors and legit.
    5x5 DIY flower room with 3 nets. 600w Hid mars hydro 600(100w) and Chinese led (150w actual).. Promix C coco mix +20% course perlite. General hydro nutes at slightly under full dose+ cal mag and molasses every other water.
    wishing you peace on your particular path....

Comment

• GreenAlchemist
      GreenAlchemist commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! It was definitely interesting for me watching these buds grow in, from day one of flower they came in deep purple (almost black) 
      Honestly looked like someone spilled ink on top aha.

• Xena
      Xena commented
      Editing a comment
      Those are beautiful. I try to pick strains that have the purple in them.

Neat! Be great for a halloween party. Looks delicious. First I see it, then I want to try it! Great job! What is the breeder for this strain? If you don't mind me also asking, what brand of Myco product do you use? I was listening to a grow podcast recently that laid down some Myco knowledge and I was thinking of looking into it more.
    Past Grows: Jack 47 Auto - La Bella Afrodita - Black Cream and Cheese Autos
    I like weed and science.

Comment

Thanks eh! I thought the same thing, been debating doing a “Halloween” grow this year with a few others, just really fun to watch the colours progress!

The breeder is “Sweet Seeds”, and for my Myco, I’ve been using BlueSky Organics Myco (pictures below)
      I’d definitely recommend checking out myco for transplanting or amending, it’s made a big difference for me
      Attached Files

Comment

• JeffInCanada
        JeffInCanada commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you! I put Bloody Skunk on my To-Grow list. There are a ton of interesting strains out there but seeing you have success with an intriguing one puts it higher on my list. I am definitely going to looking into using some Myco. I will probably get this same brand, powder form seems versatile. And...thanks for the Thanks eh! Loved it! Almost as good as bacon and beer! JK- bacon and beer are way better buy it was pretty good
        Last edited by JeffInCanada; 01-26-2021, 10:47 PM.

• GreenAlchemist
        GreenAlchemist commented
        Editing a comment
        It’s on my grow again list for sure, she was a pretty easy girl to keep happy!
        I’d definitely recommend giving myco a try, A little goes a long way

Ahah anytime, Glad to meet another Canadian on here 🇨🇦 And very true! Nothing better than a Molsen and bacon to get your evening started, and a doobie to digest it all, Canadian breakfast of champions!!

Beautiful job man! Absolutely sexy! I did manage to harvest my bloody skunk in my last run. The smell is amazing. Sweet and fruity. Heres a few pics
      5x5 Gorilla tent
      Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
      Infinity T8 exhaust fan
      Technaflora nutes
      Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

• GreenAlchemist
        GreenAlchemist commented
        Editing a comment
        Glad to see you still got to harvest the one BS!
        Damn those are some good lookin ass nuggets, super deep purple!
        I just put mine in a dark period for 36 hrs before I
        give her the chop. Now comes the hard part of waiting more aha. It’s been the one I think I’m most excited to roll up

• PLreef
        PLreef commented
        Editing a comment
        Literally the hardest part of this hobby. Waiting...... I'm looking forward to seeing your final product!

Chop down day

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Those are some interesting colors for sure. Great harvest for you enjoy !

Oh wow! You can really see the dark red. Bloody awesome eh!
      Past Grows: Jack 47 Auto - La Bella Afrodita - Black Cream and Cheese Autos
      I like weed and science.

Comment

Aaaaand done!
        This was a hella fun grow honestly, aside from a slight cal-mag issue, super easy grow. Definitely one I’d recommend to beginners who want something easy with great “bag appeal”

Skunky / fruity smell, haven’t had a chance to weigh or taste it yet, but my word does it smell good in the curing jar!
        will weigh soon and post results, though I’m not hopeful for anything past 35g as her nugs are a little on the fluffier side.
        Definitely on my re-grow list and see how I can thicken the red / purple buds out
        Attached Files

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
          CaptainWiese91 commented
          Editing a comment
          Congratulations on the harvest. And the beautifully colors.
          And nice to see someone is realistic about what their plant is yielding 👍🏻 Do you let the leaves on the bud on purpose or did you trim it later ?

• GreenAlchemist
          GreenAlchemist commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks! Just weighed it all out an totalled 30g (dry w/ no trim) I cant seem to break past an Oz a plant but it just gives me a future goal to break

I left the leaves on the buds purposely, it’s pretty dry where I live so I dried my plant as a whole and left most of the smaller leaves on (this allowed a slower dry)
          and did a dry trim before jarring it up for the cure, I’d love to try a wet trim, but I fear it’d dry too fast where I live :/

• CaptainWiese91
          CaptainWiese91 commented
          Editing a comment
          I had that goal once, surpass the 30grams. You will get there, especially if you grow Photo period. ahh okay, i live in a total dry area too, but i still wet trim. Personally if more easy to cut of all the sugar leaves before they curl in to the bud. And if they are drying to fast, i just put em in the jar a little sooner.

I love those colours..! Great job..!
        Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
        Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
        Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
        Full auto grow
        Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
        12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

• GreenAlchemist
          GreenAlchemist commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks! Those colours really surprised me, it’s my first time with a colourful pheno so I didn’t get my hopes up just incase

Well done! I've been smoking bloody skunk last few nights and it's amazing! You wil not be disappointed. Great buzzzzzzzzzz.......
        5x5 Gorilla tent
        Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
        Infinity T8 exhaust fan
        Technaflora nutes
        Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

• GreenAlchemist
          GreenAlchemist commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks eh! I’ve been looking forward to this one, thanks for the heads up, I’ll roll a fatty before bedtime and see how she smokes In a couple weeks, I want to cure it a month before I dip in this time (and so the wait continues ahah)

Great grow GreenAlchemist beautiful long colas. Happy for you the harvest smell is good, i'm not found of the skunk jar i've got i try not to smell it when i first open the jar i turn my head. Glad yours smell fruity now........hope it will still smell good in a month. Oh i do enjoy the smoke but the smell is awful gassy peeeeyoooey.
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• GreenAlchemist
          GreenAlchemist commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks (: I always avoided skunks for that reason but tried this one anyways (for the colours)
          I was pleasantly surprised it didn’t have much of a skunky smell, I actually get notes of berries, slight citrus, and just a touch of skunk for a kick, it’s been hard keeping my nose out of the jar when I burp it ahah. I hope it keeps that way or sweetens in a months time when I get to it (fingers crossed)

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X