First time grower and need help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First time grower and need help.

Hi all I've been using this site a lot for my first grow and it's been fairly successful and a journey. I started with 12 seeds and picked 4 sprouts to keep in a 2x2, I quickly realized a 2x2 was too small and decided to get a 4x4. I went all mars hydro.

2x2 tent has a mars 600 and the 4x4 a mars 3000

I ended up with 3 males and 1 female from the initial sprouts but for giggles I had kept a 5th outside on my drip with regular plants, im in Arizona. When I discoved I had 3 males (7 weeks in to the grow) I rescued the outside one, that was way stunted but doing good now.

Ok long story short...the female from the original 4, had some type of nutrients problem into flower and lost most its fan leaves. I didn't realized fox farm ocean soil requires nutrients in flower...

But now clones I took from her seem to have the same issue...

Is it because I went with the dumb plastic pots and its not getting enough oxygen?

I'll post some pics of the clone and the mom, I've documented the entire time and I have trichomes pics with a usb microscope from the mother plant.

Also no idea on the strain they came from a dispensary 5 years ago that got pollinated from a rip in a tent 🤣.

Pics of the mother plant and some trichome pics...from yesterday...so close to harvest on the mom and im worried, on her too,since the fan leaves are all but dead.

I'm also curious if the clone has an issue because it was in flower so it had nutrient issues while switching back to veg?

I probably should have mentioned that I tool the clones while the mom was in flower but I had to because of timing and growing from seeds in a small tent. It was before the 4x4 has come.

Comment

Okay long answer short - looks like they are re-vegging themselves or something cuz not all the leaves are serated - and - mother plants shouldn't have trichomes they should be in a vegetative state - not flowering.
      And when you clone a plant it grows into the stage the mother is at - doesn't start all over again.
      ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• JC180
        JC180 commented
        Editing a comment
        So you think those fan leaves with the spots will die off but once the plant is fully back in veg it will be fine?

• JC180
        JC180 commented
        Editing a comment
        I had to take the clone then to setup for next grow cycle, I didn't want to start from seeds and end up with 3 males again. I know its less than ideal and I'll get a smaller yield from them but it's a lot faster then waiting for the mother to go back to veg after I harvest, if she survives and it doesn't look like she will haha.

My plan is to get clones from these two clones when I get them from veg but I'm worried about the spots all over the one.

Thank you for the quick reply and yeah they are reversing back to veg... the clones even had little flowers on them when i took them.

I've just been nervous since the mother plant lost 80% of its fan leaves do to lack of nutrients.

I've since corrected and started using bloom nutrients like on the plant I rescued from outside...its stunted growth gave me time to learn...of course that one is having some issues too but I think its because of the stunted growth from being outsider it made the nodes all extra close and then stretched haha...

Started this one in flower lighting after 24 hours of darkness, a week ago.

The 4 clones I have in solo cups came from her and I'm switching to fabric pots for them if they all take.

Comment

Today the female that had been growing outside and stunted is looking worse and worse... she's been inside for over a month now and is in my flowering tent for over a week...I tested the light and it's all proper ranges on light meter. I didn't water for like 3-4days and the pot was pretty dry 3 inch down so not sure why it looks like over watering.

All 3 pics are the same plant.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X