Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seedlings Halt Growth After 1 Week

Hello!

I am growing some plants right now and can't seem to figure out my problems. I'm currently on my third plant, and this one is facing the same issues as the last 2. I'll include links to images at the bottom. All 3 have been OG Kush Auto Feminised Seeds from Seedsman.

After germinating in a paper towel and planting them in soil (Mother Earth Coco + Perlite), they sprout and begin growth. All 3 have done this, and for all 3 I water the soil after putting the germinated seeds in. For about a week I see some steady growth, and the 2nd pair of serrated leaves begins coming in.

After about a week, though, the growth stops. This third plant is now on day 15 and has hardly changed since day 8. In fact, it seems to be drooping and a little yellowing is noticeable. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I thought for my first two it was overwatering so for this third one, I've significantly cut back on watering to once every 5 days or so and wait until the top inch is as dry as possible until watering.

Not sure where I'm going wrong. My pH is within the 6.0-7.0 range for soil. I'm using 450W (actual power draw is 200W) LEDs hanging about 24 inches above seedling height on an 18/6 schedule. Humidity is kept at around 40-50%. Daytime temps are never above 81F and nighttime temps never drop below 69F.

Pics were taken in order: Jan 17, Jan 20, Jan 22, Jan 25. The most noticeable growth is in the first 2 pics, but then the growth comes to a halt after that, especially in the last 2.

Thanks

Hi nrcgrow. Welcome to GWE.

Plants will focus on dropping roots before they focus more on growing leaves. From looking at those pics, it looks like its wilting a bit from over/under watering. Do you have drainage in the containers so there isn’t water pooling in the bottom? You might also want to lower your lights a few inches to see if that helps to perk her up.
    There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
    1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
    2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
    3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

Not sure, but it looks to me that you're growing in coco and pHing to soil levels. Also, if it is coco, was it charged with cal-mag?
      TENT: Cool Grow 3x3x6 LIGHT: M-H TSW2000
      EXHAUST: AC Infinity T-4 and controller 67
      AIR CIRC: AC Infinity Cloudray S6 x2
      IRRIGATION: BluMat Tropf NUTRIENTS: Earth Dust

Comment

Originally posted by YYCannabis View Post
        Hi nrcgrow. Welcome to GWE.

Plants will focus on dropping roots before they focus more on growing leaves. From looking at those pics, it looks like its wilting a bit from over/under watering. Do you have drainage in the containers so there isn’t water pooling in the bottom? You might also want to lower your lights a few inches to see if that helps to perk her up.
        I do have drainage holes cut out of the bottom of the cups they're currently in. I will lower the lights a few inches to see if that helps. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by OlderNOTwiser View Post
          Not sure, but it looks to me that you're growing in coco and pHing to soil levels. Also, if it is coco, was it charged with cal-mag?
          The soil contains coco, but when looking into this type of soil I read that it's considered more like soil than coco in terms of pH. It hasn't been charged with cal-mag though.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X