LED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LED

Do you sometimes run only veg switch on led lights during veg, or do you run both veg and bloom switches on the led light during veg stage? Im wondering if there is a benefit, could it have an effect on plants taking in certain nutes. Ive read alot on led lights, and color spectrum. Do you guys have your preference during certain grows?

Once your canopy starts to fill in, you can use both veg/bloom lights for the rest of the grow until harvest.
    There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
    1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
    2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
    3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

Knowing the additional light is beneficial for the plant to me it all depends on if I can maintain the temperature range the plants desire. I do believe the extra light from having bloom on during veg helps plant take up more nutrients during veg. But not because of spectrum, but due to the additional light energy increasing plant growth which in turn makes for faster consumption of nutrients.

Comment

• YYCannabis
        YYCannabis commented
        Editing a comment
        Think of photons as food...there is a minimal amount of photons that can (barely) sustain the plant’s growth and development, and there is “photon buffet”. I myself prefer the buffet option as the plant will use as much light as you can give it if all the other criteria (temp/humidity/nutes) are adequate.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X