Back at it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back at it

So after the spider mites issue on my last grow. I fogged my tent, washed, sprayed, bleached, steam cleaning seams this week and predatory insects coming in the next few weeks. I decided I'm incapable of having an empty tent. Just can't do it!
    I potted my pots full of living soil yesterday and today I dropped my beans in.
    4x Triple XL seedsman
    4x Green crack
    living soil plus perlite and a few other amendments
    4 gallon fabric bags
    ROI-E680 led dimmed to 40%
    infinity t8 exhaust with infinity carbon filter
    Hurricane 12" oscillating fan
    1.6l humidifier

Wish me luck!!
    5x5 Gorilla tent
    Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
    Infinity T8 exhaust fan
    Technaflora nutes
    Nectar of the Gods soil

Hek yeah man. Props to you on taking the precautionary measures. I'm happy you are back to it and I hope those beans pop up in the next few days for ya Enjoy the journey!

Comment

• PLreef
      PLreef commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Chad, I appreciate it. My last run was a dud, pretty disheartening. Only looking at 2.5 maybe 3 oz. Pretty shitty. But I have high hopes for this run. We shall see.

• ChadWestport
      ChadWestport commented
      Editing a comment
      shit happens but it doesn't sound like it was a total disaster. I'm pretty sure you are going forward with important lessons learned. Thats how we all "grow" as growers.... oh the pun

Welcome back! Hope this grow goes smoother, f*** spider mites.
    Are you going with the same dry amendments as the last run?

Comment

• PLreef
      PLreef commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm using natures living soil as a base for my soil. I know their bag claims that you only need their contents from seed to harvest but I've read otherwise. I have my dry amendments if need be.

PLreef Good luck! It sounds like you’ve taken a lot of precautions to get rid of the infestation, and that’s good because those little suckers are virulent.
    Just wanted to add one additional measure I took after my infestation, that you may want to try. I fogged as well, after cleaning and sanitizing. 3 bombs, 2 days apart each, then put 1 plant in the room to see if it would become infested. After a week, and a very close inspection, I moved the rest in, and set off one last pyrethrum bomb.
    Sure hope you got them all!!🤞

Comment

• PLreef
      PLreef commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks lalaland. Did you set off the last one with plants in the tent?

• lalaland
      lalaland commented
      Editing a comment
      I did. Just in case anything made it through the previous attempts.

Well !! Well !! I see you are back in full force. Remember I have some plutonium 3 for you in case you see those damn spider mites, one macron of it and they are gone for life, well the neighbourhood also
    Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
    Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
    Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
    Full auto grow
    Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
    12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

• PLreef
      PLreef commented
      Editing a comment
      Haha, if thats what needs to happen so be it. Otherwise I'm calling Kim Jung-un... I never want to see another spider mite as long as I live!

Lol that wasnt long good luck with the new grow il be tagging along.

Comment

• PLreef
      PLreef commented
      Editing a comment
      Bro you know I can't stay away from this for long. ETS, empty tent syndrome is real!

LOL i hear that about empty tent. Good for you and big heaps of luck things will be smooth i'm crossing my fingers for ya.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

26 hours since I planted my beans... Are these ready for harvest yet?! But I think I see a slight deficiency, they're not growing! What do you guys think??? I need to do to save my babies!!!! HALP!!! 🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂😂😆😆😆😇
    Sorry I know you guys need info.....
    I'm growing in DWC using holistic soil with .00005% organic perlite hand picked from the mountains of north Korea.
    Lighting, I've got 2 mag lites( 4 D batteries each) and 2 led wall mount night lights ( stole those from my kids room), ducked taped to the top of the tent and they are around 57" away. Should be fine right?
    PH, I know this one is important, google said that if the water is sweet the ph is low and if it's sour then my ph is high. So because all of my intense research I'm thinking it's exactly 8.4325. Good right?!
    Nutrients, Seeing I live on a farm and we don't have much time I just collect chicken shit right from the source and scoop it in daily. I use around 4 gallons twice daily.
    my friends neighbor that lived next to him as a kids (37 years ago) told his second cousin, that told my first cousin to tell my uncledaddy to tell me everything looks great!
    did I miss anything?
    5x5 Gorilla tent
    Infinity T8 exhaust fan
    Technaflora nutes
    Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

• Mr.furley
      Mr.furley commented
      Editing a comment
      You're missing Cal/Mag.
      Last edited by Mr.furley; 01-26-2021, 10:33 PM.

• ChadWestport
      ChadWestport commented
      Editing a comment
      A growers sense of humor is never lost

• Driller
      Driller commented
      Editing a comment
      Can you tell if their female yet? We need some pics of your plants preferably blurry and under blurple lighting if possible

Great I have something harder to get rid of than two spotted spider mites.... Not sure if the predatory insects are gonna handle this one.
    5x5 Gorilla tent
    Infinity T8 exhaust fan
    Technaflora nutes
    Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

• Bowhunterwoody
      Bowhunterwoody commented
      Editing a comment
      Need a few bigger predatory insects. Brown recluse spiders maybe.

• PLreef
      PLreef commented
      Editing a comment
      You might be on to something. 😆🤣😂

• lalaland
      lalaland commented
      Editing a comment
      😂😂😂😂😂😂
      (Comment has to be at least 6 characters$

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X