Click image for larger version

Name:	575F2F9E-9C97-4C23-A2F2-47BC852AF9A1.jpeg
Views:	291
Size:	2.49 MB
ID:	485185Click image for larger version

Name:	575F2F9E-9C97-4C23-A2F2-47BC852AF9A1.jpeg
Views:	403
Size:	2.49 MB
ID:	485184 WheN i begin drying my buds, will the few spider mites that are hanging around end up ravaging all my bud (or don’t they go for drying/dead plants?)?

They will remain and die there. At the stage of seeing webbing though, they are every where.

I would be concerned about cleaning your current grow space and moving forward. But you can't move forward without addressing that issue. It may mean shutting it all down for a few weeks while you treat, but you will be very thankful you did in the long run.

I have heard of people using a rinsing method before hanging to dry. This was popularized by Jorge Cervantes and you can find his text or videos online for his bud washing method. That I think would be your best route.

Comment

Originally posted by ChadWestport View Post
      I have heard of people using a rinsing method before hanging to dry. This was popularized by Jorge Cervantes and you can find his text or videos online for his bud washing method. That I think would be your best route.
      Was just about to mention Jorge Cervantes bud washing video as well, really interesting, and for bugs, it just made sense.

edit: you can find the video on YouTube. Just search Jorge Cervantes bud washing

Comment

Originally posted by GreenAlchemist View Post

Was just about to mention Jorge Cervantes bud washing video as well, really interesting, and for bugs, it just made sense.

edit: you can find the video on YouTube. Just search Jorge Cervantes bud washing
        I won’t be doing that. Yuck. The bud is all ready to dry now. I’m simply asking if the mites will further develop their colony whilst my buds are drying out (they will get cut and begin drying out tomorrow or the next day).

Comment

I left too much leaf matter in the grow room I think. Didn’t clean it well enough didn’t keep pulling all the dead leaves out of the environment (they breakdown etc).

Comment

Nawww they will just suck all the resin out of them that's all, that's what i been told.
            Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
            indoor/outdoor grower
            1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
            1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
            I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
            Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
            Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
            Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I'm not familiarized with how the community usually deals with spider mites, and this is definitively not something you could do if you're already planning on harvesting your buds, but there are bugs you can introduce in your grow room that might help dealing with these mites. One of them is called persimilis, which hunts down spider mites and their eggs, and when they are eradicated the persimilis dies off. This video from Deep Look goes into some details on how the strawberry industry leverages them.

Comment

you say they are already dried? That pic doesn't look like dry bud at all. Anyway, mites don't like water so spraying the plants won't harm them you would just need to dry them again. I sprayed one of my plants with a pressurized garden sprayer (filled with lukewarm water) then dryed the plant of by shaking it...it was still in week 10 so I had to prop up some of the branches cause they were water logged. Then I dusted the top layer of the pots with Dimataceous Earth (Food Grade) and i never saw the little pests again.

My recent grow started off with spider mites as well but i caught it early while the plants were seedlings and the Dimateaceuos Earth did the trick again
                I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

Originally posted by dilvish View Post
                  you say they are already dried? That pic doesn't look like dry bud at all. Anyway, mites don't like water so spraying the plants won't harm them you would just need to dry them again. I sprayed one of my plants with a pressurized garden sprayer (filled with lukewarm water) then dryed the plant of by shaking it...it was still in week 10 so I had to prop up some of the branches cause they were water logged. Then I dusted the top layer of the pots with Dimataceous Earth (Food Grade) and i never saw the little pests again.

My recent grow started off with spider mites as well but i caught it early while the plants were seedlings and the Dimateaceuos Earth did the trick again
                  how about u read my post again. If u think something doesn’t make sense about what I wrote, before u go writing to me, READ IT AGAIN.

Comment

• dilvish
                    dilvish commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Okay other than the part about the buds being ready to be dried I missed that ...otherwise i gave useful info so before you go strangling me and shouting with Caps consider that free advice is just that...free. I mentioned how I got rid of them so if you prefer not to do what I suggested, then ignore the post...as a new person to this forumn I'd say you are off to a bad start

These plants didn’t get mites because the mites were present, they had infestation of mites because they had sub par circulation throughout their life, the leaf cells are fitting for the mites. These two plants were the most u healthy throughout their life... one more so than the other... this is my first indoor grow... the mites weren’t the issue, there presence is a consequence of an underlying issue.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                    SoOrbudgal commented
                    Editing a comment
                    So you won't be doing this " sub par circulation " grow again lesson learned. And when the plants are harvested totally clean that tent floor to ceiling and all the seams. It's what it takes to rid them.

You have introduced them somehow to your grow space, in my opinion is the underlying issue(obvious) having poor circulation or weak plants just made it easier for them . I brought my wife's outdoor plants into my shed, in the same building but not in the same space as my grow. Did not make a difference. They some how found it and created pure havoc, I went postal and cleaned and sterilized everything, barred the wife's plants and at the present time, seem to have them barred at the door.

Pretty buds, have no ideal what to do with them at this stage, they look about ready, pretty buds from what I can see, and kudo's for your first grow

I think someone already answered, once the plant dry's they move on(Your question). Not sure about the eggs that are left behind, if they can hatch and move on. My thoughts are they are spawns of the devil and need repeated killing.

Washing them just does not sound right to me, but, folks do. I'm pretty sure we have all smoked a bug or two in our life times, knowing that there was one in there might take some thought. :-)

Nice first grow
                  Last edited by RagWeedDWC; 01-27-2021, 12:42 AM.
                  Proving the world just needs more tumble weeds
                  A tale of two seeds
                  Batter Up Sour Deisel
                  Batter up! Amnesia Haze Autoflower
                  New Year, New Grow, Jack Herer DWC
                  Batter up, Girl Scout Cookies extreme auto (GSCE)

Comment

• Lewisbeattie
                    Lewisbeattie commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Anecdotal evidence. Could be environmentally induced but u blamed the mites outright.

• RagWeedDWC
                    RagWeedDWC commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yes, they are easy to blame.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X