Coco Coir

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coco Coir

After I rinsed my Coco from a brick and then let it sit in a mixture of Cal mag solution that was ph'd at 6, my ph on my Coco was still at barely 4. How do I get my ph up in my grow medium which is Coco Coir and perlite?

I rehydrate my bricks using 2g CaNit/gal and 1g Epsom salt/g.
    With my well water, it usually starts @ 6.5ph.
    I let that soak overnight, drain and mix in about 25% perlite and into my storage tote.
    I just ph my nutes to 6.0 and feed to run-off.
    Works perfectly. I don't even look at run-off ph/ec.
    WHAT???
    5x5 grow space
    900w of Vero's and F-strips
    4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Welcome to the forum! I too, am fairly new. Personally (and I won't take offense if anyone disagrees) but I wouldn't sweat it. You've got your coco/perlite charged. I use the prepackaged coco/perlite mixture...I never even considered what the PH was before I put a seedling in.

If I may be so bold, to recommend you put your setup in your "Byline". It will aid others to help you out.
      A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

Comment

You keep the ph in the right range by constantly watering at the desired ph, I grow in coco and aim ph 6

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X