Automatic Burping Mason Jar Lids?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Automatic Burping Mason Jar Lids?

Hey guys! Amazon suggested these mason jar lids that claim to remove the need to open every day to burp. It also comes with an air pump to create a vacuum inside the jar. Have any of you ever tried these? Do you think you can actually get away with not burping with these things?

Also, is it a good idea to create a vacuum inside the jars during curing, or is it actually good to have some air in there? Really curious what you guys think. Thanks!

I can’t say for sure but I think the burping they’re talking about is different than the burping we do.

Comment

• echdk3
      echdk3 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, I’m leaning toward skepticism and just doing things the tried and true way, but I try to also be cautiously open to new advancements.

I think this is better : https://www.amazon.com/Burp-Lids-LLC...xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==
    Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
    Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
    Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
    Full auto grow
    Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
    12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

• echdk3
      echdk3 commented
      Editing a comment
      Funny you say that, because that’s what I was looking at first, but I read a review that said that it’s basically a cheap knock off of the original item, which is what I posted. I think they’re the same thing. Do you have any experience with this product?
      Last edited by echdk3; 01-22-2021, 01:53 PM. Reason: Added a question to the end.

• Farmbuck
      Farmbuck commented
      Editing a comment
      I said "I think this is better" but seeing the reviews I don't believe it is a good product, anyway I use the old way for burping. For long storage I vacuum seal and freeze it.

There are automatic curing systems. This is not. This is meant to allow certain gases to exchange with the outside. This is useful for other things but not curing. You want to leave oxygen inside the jar and you want it to run out allowing anaerobic bacteria to decompose tissue just for a little bit before you let oxygen in again and aerobic bacteria thrives instead. A balance between the two kind of bacteria is what cures the bud. Vacuum is only for long term storage

Comment

Those are made to ferment what’s inside. Isn’t that the opposite of what you’re trying to achieve?

Comment

Excellent comments all around, thank you! I’m learning all the time from you guys.

Comment

I try to stick to the KISS principal.

Comment

I looked at these some time back, for me they are cost prohibitive (I would need 120+ of them), I can burp a lot of jars for the price of these.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X