First week?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First week?

Hey guys, first time here have done quite a bit of research in reading and use some information from this site as well and would like to see if I can get some help is this how my plant should look in the first week I had to move it up closer to the light because at first it was too far and it stretched but I'm not sure if it's stunted or if progress is okay for the first week the seed popped on 1/17

She looks fine to me. You may need to stake her if the foliage fills out faster than the stem. Be careful with the light for now - seedlings don't like too much bright light. When she starts filling out, you can increase the light. Good luck.
    2'X4' Nursery tent with Mars Hydro SP150 LED
    5'X5' Grow tent with 2 Mars Hydro SP3000 LEDs
    Fox Farm soil and nutes
    Rain water

Comment

I like to fill in the soil around the stem. This helps support the plant, and the newly buried stem will sprout additional roots.
      Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
      5 gallon cloth pots
      30"x30"x60" tent
      Spider Farmer SE3000
      Coco Pearlite mix
      GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Agree with OldManGrower

• lalaland
        lalaland commented
        Editing a comment
        Agreed. I usually leave the top inch or two empty, so I can backfill if/when they stretch, then drop the light right down to stop it.

• Farmbuck
        Farmbuck commented
        Editing a comment
        Totally agreed with all of you. No comment to add here. Maybe the aluminium foil is too expensive where he live MagicMike66

Did you run out of foil?

Comment

Originally posted by MagicMike66 View Post
        Did you run out of foil?
        LOL. That was funny AF

Comment

• Xena
          Xena commented
          Editing a comment
          Didn’t even notice it.....that was funny 😆

Hey guys happy Saturday! No I didn't run out of foil haha, should I put more foil I was thinking of lining the whole box up or using the HVAC tape. Here she is guys since Stella (trying to find her groove lol)😂 popped from soil on January 17th is this pretty good growth?so far I did top off the soil to go a little higher on the stem to protect it a little more. Thanks guys!
        Feeding: 1ml Advanced Nutrients of each micro, grow, bloom Cali magic 2ml
        Orca/mycorrhizae
        pH'ed tap water to 5.9-6.1

Comment

I’d say she is doing good. As far as the reflective material the box looks to be white so it should be fine. Nice box I have to say. Those vertical lights would probably be better running across the top next to the other light? But looks like maybe not enough space huh?

Comment

Hello, yea space is limited and the vertical lights can only fit this way there is a 20w light on top. Thanks for your reply too

Comment

Hey guys, I'm in week 2 day 3 lol... here she is so far.. what you think? TIA!
              Attached Files

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                SoOrbudgal commented
                Editing a comment
                She looks just fine

Thank you!

Comment

Growing more and more
                Attached Files

Comment

Hey guys I'm in week 2 of flowering am I doing this wrong what should I expect for a week to a flowering with this one thanks guys been a while

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                    SoOrbudgal commented
                    Editing a comment
                    What is that auto or photo? Why did you remove all her leaf?

• CaptainWiese91
                    CaptainWiese91 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Why remove all the buds sites down the stem ?

It's a photo, mainlined , I'm just trying to see what should I expect with week two of flowering, thanks

Comment

Well you can expect it to keep stretching up to the 3rd week. Also next time try to defoliate right before the flip and then 3 weeks after the flip. That’s what is recommended anyways, and that’s what I do. Looks like you may have stripped a lot of the plants leafs and nodes which may hurt your yield. I used to try all those mainlining and things like that but now I just don’t waste my time. I posted a pic of my Alaskan purple and I’m sure people think it was topped but in reality all I did was LST I dont top my plants anymore I feel like it’s a waste of time since I can achieve the same results from just bending the main and the plant doesn’t stop growing. That and I use alfalfa/kelp/coconut water which all help in making the plant bush out. The plant really does look good though, I wouldn’t do anything else now just let her grow. It’s my understanding that we are supposed to leave at least 3 nodes on each stem. Hope that helps and don’t give up after you try different methods you will be like all of us here. We have our way of doing things and they all work but like everything in life what works for me may not be for you so just take bits from here and there and soon you will be rocking your tents walls to the max in your own style.

Comment

• Pandaguy
                      Pandaguy commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks for that information yeah it's my first grow and I thought I had it all packed down because of so many main lining videos and articles I watched and read, this one has been kind of a scary ride lol but next time around I will try something different , I guess by now I had expected her to start flowering but maybe I did trim too much stuff off and from my inexperience of not knowing what to expect at what stages, although what made me do that was that I read somewhere that you trim everything except the top fan leaves from however many tops you want to have Thank you!

Mainline is great way to increase yields when done correctly, i have been practicing with it on 1 plant my sacrifice gal. PS just cause it's switched to 12/12 does not mean she is in flower. Do you see any??
                    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
                    indoor/outdoor grower
                    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
                    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
                    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
                    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
                    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
                    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X