coco coir setup questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

coco coir setup questions

I am in the process of setting up a coco coir hydro grow. Doing research, have come up with some questions that may just be a matter of opinion. Drain to waste or recirculate nutrient solution? How often and how much to water? I have seen everything from drench it every 4 hours to water every other day. Some say to use plain water every other feeding. That puts a new twist into an automatic system. Comments please. Ty.
    Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Drain to waste. I dont like recirculating in general but especially with coco. If you want to go recirc i think flood and drain with rockwool or hydroton but really coco in 3 gal fabric pots drain to waste on a drip feed with minimal runoff is what you want. Always fertigate never just plain water. You dont need excessive runoff you just want consistency. You want your drip frequency and duration setup so that your coco stays as evenly saturated as possible at all times. You dont want parts drying out but also dont need it soggy. The whole bag just wet enough at all times and you will have minimal runoff if any and it will take minimal watering to maintain. As far as how often and how long to feed thats gonna depend on your setup. Get it setup then use your runoff to dial in your frequency and duration.

Comment

• Ckbrew
      Ckbrew commented
      Editing a comment
      Any particular reason you use 3 gallon? Does bigger pot = bigger roots = bigger plant, not a factor when using this method?

• Ckbrew
      Ckbrew commented
      Editing a comment
      Just saw your post on another thread. Sums it up well, thanks.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X