How far below the net should water be in DWC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How far below the net should water be in DWC

Hello everyone, my first post here and it's prolly a major n00b question...sorry. I searched and cannot find an answer so I thought I would ask here and see what can be seen.

Any who, I am interested in DWC and I really only have on main question: How far below the net pot should the water be when you move the plant into its main container? I get everything else but this is the one thing that has been bugging me, so I thought I would ask. I think I have an idea (one that makes sense) but I'm not sure. Be gentle LMAO
    If I'm on my way to hell, I might as well enjoy the ride

When I top of my reservoir I go to about 1.5 inches to the bottom of the net pot. No big deal if the level drops a few more inches until the next top off.

Comment

Hi, tsquez. Welcome to GWE.

Fill until just below the basket like RetiredGuy said. The roots like that small air gap.
      There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
      1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
      2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
      3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

I use 3 gallons of water in a 5 gallon bucket.
        Focus and relativity.

Comment

When you first put the plant in the net make sure the water with bubbles is high enough to get the small roots wet. Once they are in the water then a small (1" or so gap) should work. I checked a plant yesterday and the air gap was 5 or so inches. Seemed to happen really fast. This Gelat-OG plant is exploding in growth.

Comment

OH wow thanks guys, I appreciate you taking a minute and helping me out
            If I'm on my way to hell, I might as well enjoy the ride

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X