Not over or under watered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not over or under watered

I have a small plant going and it’s not over or under watered, but seems to be dropping. Anyone have any idea what the issue might be?

Looks cold if your sure it's not underwatered or overwatered
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

It’s about 70 degrees at all times. I didn’t think it would survive the winter outside so I’ve been doing an indoor grow.

Comment

Without sufficient information I would guess it's lacking light.
        ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
        Mars Hydro
        Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

I would say light also.
          Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
          Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
          Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
          Full auto grow
          Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
          12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

more info would help...type of light, type of nutrients, ph level of water etc. 70 degrees seems a bit cool. That's a better temp for the plant when it is in the last stage of it's cycle (right before harvest). Have you made sure the pot it's in has proper drainage? If it doesn't, checking to see if it needs water with the "first knuckle" approach won't tell you if the roots at the bottom are rotting from too much moisture. At 70 degrees you likely only need to water it every 4 or 5 days. drooping like that and seeing that the plant looks otherwise healthy it sure seems like too much water or humidity.

stop watering a couple of days longer than you normally would and see if it perks up. Again, at 70 degrees it isn't going to dry out quickly
            I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

A few weeks, maybe a month ago I said the same thing about water and mine looked about the same and turned out I believe it was over watering.....I had low temperature too (about 20c) and the soil just wasn’t getting dry enough. Only thing I’ve changed since my plants looked like yours is I let my soil dry good and got my temp up to ~22-23c and RH up from low 30s to 40s% and mine are up and perky now.

Comment

• Canuck147
                Canuck147 commented
                Editing a comment
                I think Xena is onto something - about not drying out - Syluuia your pots are wet and your roots are suffering cuz of it - not enough air circulation.

You made holes at the bottom?

Comment

There are holes at the bottom of the pot. Right now she’s under a full spectrum led lamp. She’s wet in the picture because she hadn’t been watered in a few days and dried out. The leaves are papery, but the stems seem solid. My ph is just about at 7. Going to try not to water her for a few days. Waiting for my ph down to be delivered in case the ph is just a bit too high. As far as nutrients, I haven’t given her anything yet. I wanted to figure out this issue before I started feeding it so I didn’t have the same issue when it came time to flower.

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
                  9fingerleafs commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Nothing makes them as droopy except lack of oxygen at the roots or lack of water circulation in general

• Syluuia
                  Syluuia commented
                  Editing a comment
                  How do I get more oxygen to the roots?

• 9fingerleafs
                  9fingerleafs commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Best thing would be a fabric pot

Originally posted by Syluuia View Post
                I have a small plant going and it’s not over or under watered, but seems to be dropping. Anyone have any idea what the issue might be?
                Hi Syluuia,
                By chance, did the drooping start shortly after you watered the plant? Or, was the drooping happening a few hours before the lights go off for the night? I have noticed that my plants sometimes droop after a watering. I have also notice that they will sometimes droop an hour or two before the lights go out that has nothing to do with watering. Both are normal and not too worry too much about.
                Last edited by JeffInCanada; 01-19-2021, 01:58 PM.
                Past Grows: Jack 47 Auto - La Bella Afrodita - Black Cream and Cheese Autos
                I like weed and science.

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
                  9fingerleafs commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Very true. But if you add the long internodes. Long petioles, lack of branching, color and odd look then something is wrong

• Syluuia
                  Syluuia commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It’s kinda always droopy. Before and after watering and regardless of the light.

drooping is typically caused by too much moisture (at the roots) or too much heat combined with humidity. Again like I mentioned, since your plants look healthy otherwise it is likely overwatering. Saying you have holes in the bottom of the pot is fine assuming the water isn't just pooling underneath the pot and not actually leaving the pot.
                Proper drainage is just as important as watering ...soil in pots don't dry out very fast in cooler temperatures like 70 degrees.

Example: I kept my leftover soil in a 5 gallon plastic pail with a lid for almost 9 months, spring to autumn. Because it was in a cool dark place in my garage, it was still very moist when I opened it up again. I was quite surprised how much moisture it had retained throughout the soil, for being in a dry place so long. At some points in the summer it got up to 85 degrees in there for many days and it still didn't dry out. The lid obviously helped but then the lid is like proper drainage...with no place for moisture to go, it takes a longer period of time for it to evaporate...in the case of drainage it affects the rots because they essentially they suffocate
                I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X