Is this light stress/heat stress?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Is this light stress/heat stress?

I switched to a more powerful COB led and some of my plants leaves are droping and have this symptoms. I think It is light Heat stress but im not sure, any help is welcome. Thanks!
    Attached Files

How far is your light from your plant ? And what kind of light? Eg. brand, wattage etc..
    Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
    Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
    Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
    Full auto grow
    Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
    12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

I have 2 TGL STAR 60 (COB LED 55w). Now i have them arround 50 cm away, but i had them closer before.

Comment

What is your temp?

Comment

My temp is around 20°C during the day and 14°C min. at night

Comment

In my experience, light burn begins with bleaching at the tips and sides of the upper growth (closer to the light source), and it looks very different from what I'm seeing in your plant. Where are these symptoms first showing? If it's in the lower leaves (older growth), it's probably potassium deficiency. Are you feeding it any nutrients?

Comment

Yes, but i tend to add small ammounts, so maybe i have to increase the dosis...
              ​​​​Some plants started bleaching on the tips of the branches, and leaves were down and dry. Also some leaf tips were burnt. Im certain that they have suffered light stress but, as you say, the symptoms in the pictures Dont look like light stress so i don't know

Comment

• azorahai
                azorahai commented
                Editing a comment
                Perhaps share more pictures from the whole plant and the areas affected. How often are you feeding it? Do you have a TDS meter to keep track of how many ppm is put in and runs off? It's not completely necessary, but it's nice to have. A very low run-off ppm after watering might be a sign that you should increase how often or how much you feed, for example. Alternatively, a very high run-off ppm might indicate you're close to or already over-feeding it, which could burn your plant and lock it out of nutrients in the substrate/soil.
                There's always the possibility of a pH problem (possibly too low), which could hinder the plant's capability of absorbing some nutrients. Those cheap pH strips are helpful, but a pH meter is recommended.

Definitely not heat stress since you seem to be pushing the too cold side. IDK for sure but I had light burn last go and it didn’t look like yours. Some of the spots look like what I see if I splashed nute water onto the leaves.

Comment

Not enuf info, whats the PH? Looks like lockout from here.

Comment

• Rwise
                  Rwise commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thats on the low side, can you get it up to 6.3-6.5?

• Indoor55
                  Indoor55 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I don't have any product but i could buy one. Any recommendations?

• RetiredGuy
                  RetiredGuy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Instead of watering with pH 6.5 water, increase the pH of your next watering to 7.0 to increase the runoff pH.

I moved up the light and all my plants have recovered except one, showing this symptoms. Anyone has seen them before? Thanks for your help!! ☘️Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210119_140909.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	3.37 MB
ID:	483522
                Attached Files

Comment

Also i have to say that leaves in the inside of the plant that are not exposed to light look healthy. This makes me think that maybe the problem is not pH/nutes... What do you think?

Comment

• azorahai
                    azorahai commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Sometimes it's hard to accurately identify the problem, but you can narrow it down significantly. You've already raised the lights, and I'd say your pH of 6.0 is mostly fine, so all that's left from what was suggested here is to up the nutes in your next watering and see if it stabilizes or not. The blemishes won't disappear, but they shouldn't grow.

Thank you, u have helped me a lot. Good day🍁

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X