PH Fluctuations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PH Fluctuations

Ok, i have a question since my plants are showing signs from ph fluctuations. I put all my nutes in the water and mix it, i then let it sit for a while before i add the ph-down. After ph-down is added I'm within the range of 6.4-6.7 but since my plants are showing that something is wrong i checked the ph again in the same bottle that was 6.5 a couple of days ago. It was now under 6.0. The bottle has been standing for 2-3 days since my first measure, so my question is- does the ph in the water drop more after each day? Hope it made sense

Are they in hydro or coco or soil? If they aren't in hydro, you should probably be shooting for somewhere around 6.0 when you are watering/feeding. I have had premixed/pHed solution sit a few days and need its pH adjusted again, so not much of a surprise there. If you're growing in hydro, you should be aiming for 5.5-6.0 in their nutrient solution. Try the tutorials for help diagnosing your plant issues. Most are pH-related but sometimes there's something else like too small of a pot (rootbound) or grow room temperatures and relative humidity.
    Coconut Grove
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
    32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
    Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

• Sessan
      Sessan commented
      Editing a comment
      They are in soil, temp pots and humidity is as it should. I first thought it was nitrogen deficiency, but since i have all the nutes required i checked the ph again and noticed that it had dropped under 6. So it is to low. But then i know that it can change after a couple of days, thank you for your answer

You should measure your ph and adjust after mixing it instead of letting everything settle then taking your ph readings. I only mix enough water for that watering instead of making a big batch and letting it sit. May do good to flush your plants at a higher ph 6.8-7 with light chemicals

Comment

I use acid to bring the ph down.. It seems to be stable for a few days and thats all is needed. I did notice when I started using half distilled water : tap water it was more stable.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X