Please Help - Beginner Grower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Please Help - Beginner Grower

Hello, I am currently in the process of growing a plant and about 2 months in, the results have not been pretty. A majority of the leaves have brown spots, shriveled or turned yellow. The picture attached shows what I am dealing with. I check the pH daily (twice a day) in which I keep the range between 5.5 - 6. I researched a bit and found that calcium deficiency may be the problem due to the brown spots however I just wanted to get feedback, if any, from this community of growers. I am a novice when it comes to growing so any information would be much appreciated!

P.S - I am using a hydroponic system.

From here it looks like PH issues, follow the link at the top of this page to "Plant Problems" find the symptom and follow the "Read More" link.
    Other than that I''l let the Hydro folks help you out.

Comment

Oooh. Ouch.

She is sick.

In hydro, you need to let your ph get into the 6.2 range to let calcium get taken up by the plant. (I’ve attached a pic of the nutrient/ph scale.) I’m not sure from that one pic how well she will recover. Could you post some pics of the whole plant? You might be facing more than one problem and need to try to fix it real soon.
      There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
      1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
      2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
      3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

Howdy hotsauceMC, I could any one or more problems causing the problems. What are the conditions (setup, temperatures, nutriments, lights, etc) of the grow?
        I have been growing in a DWC setup for ten grows now and I have found that 1; the water temperature should be kept between 62° F and 70° F and well aerated. 2; ALL light leaks must be blocked out from the reservoir (no clear tubing at all). 3; change out the water every week and top off the reservoirs with plain pH ed water at mid week. and 4; do not open up the reservoirs unnecessarily to look in. Every time it's opened, light gets in as well as all sorts of unwanted things *light, mold spores, and bugs etc).
        Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

At a low Ph like that, calcium has a hard time turning into a bio-available form for the plant to take up.

The plants are certainly hungry and likely need a bit of everything, but with a poor root zone PH, you may have a hard time getting those absorbed by the plant. So, maybe bring the Ph in the reservoir up, keep an eye on your res temp and add in some light nutrients.

Comment

Wow thanks to all that have replied, very informative stuff that I have received. I think it was mainly a pH problem as some of you had pointed out, I was keeping the range between 5.5 - 6 which is pretty low from yall said. Also DW2 thanks for informing me about the light situation and also when I should change out the water as well. A lot of great information to take in and thank you all once more, this site has a great community. Hopefully the next coming weeks are better for my plants and i can share some progress. Happy growing and take care everyone!

Comment

• ChadWestport
              ChadWestport commented
              Editing a comment
              cheers HotsauceMC You've found a great place to come and ask questions

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X