Removing tie downs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removing tie downs

Was wondering when you guys remove the ties from your plants. Mine are topped autos and just starting to show flowers really well.

Well i don't take mine off till last month of flower cause it appears they don't do any moving just bud fattening i think......what the hell do i know LOL Hey my damn hubby i'm sitting upstairs i got a great view of the forest out front hubby been piling on the brush pile, i hear boom an saw the guy being chased by a gasoline runner friggin went up his pant leg damnit. He's givin me a fib .
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Xena
      Xena commented
      Editing a comment
      SoOrbudgal did I understand you right. Your hubby caught himself on fire burning a brush pile? LOL been there done that.

Just thought......sorry for the lol if it’s not just one of those many stupid things guys do every day and is serious.

I don't remove it, I cut it lollll The last time I did it in front of them, the damn entire stem bounce back in my face and...... well make your own judgement
    Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
    Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
    Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
    Full auto grow
    Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
    12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

Xena yes the idiot i went out there looked at him told him to quit, he's bored he's got several brush piles that are too wet. It was just the flash but ran up his friggin leg.

indoor/outdoor grower
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to

Comment

I used to remove about two weeks before harvest because it was a hassle getting them out of the tight bud structure if I waited until harvest.
        Now, since I dry in the pot, I'm going to leave them on and see how it works. Should come out easy peasy.

Comment

• FunkyButtLovin
          FunkyButtLovin commented
          Editing a comment
          Interesting, you just stop watering and leave them standing to dry?

I didn’t know it was generally advisable to remove training ties prior to late flowering, am I understanding you correctly? I’m one week into flowering on my first grow, and I’m scrogging so I have lots of zip ties keeping branches down and spread horizontally. Are you guys saying I should cut the zip ties off at some point??

Comment

I found that if I wait till the 3 week stretch of flowering is over, They almost fall off Easy for me

Comment

FunkyButtLovin. Roger that. I stop watering, wet trim, then hurry up and wait.

Comment

• FunkyButtLovin
              FunkyButtLovin commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm actually a few days into trying this same thing right now and have been wondering if I should just cut and hang 'em. I usually trim then chop down and hang in one evening but this time I trimmed and left them standing in the 50*/50% RH drying room where I hang my plants. How many days does it usually take before you jar them up?

FunkyButtLovin, In my environment, 72-76F and 50-60 RH, I'll reach 12-15% bud moisture content 14-21 days after I stop watering, then I jar.

Comment

I like to get them dry in the container prior to harvest, i also pre trim while they are in the container an leave most of the sugar leaf although i trim pretty close.

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

Originally posted by SoOrbudgal View Post
                I like to get them dry in the container prior to harvest, i also pre trim while they are in the container an leave most of the sugar leaf although i trim pretty close.
                Not getting personal, but you're up and about awfully early. It's early for me and I'm in Texas.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                  SoOrbudgal commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Welcome to my delirium quirk this is what i do. Most the time i don't log onto electronics early. I sit watch the animals in the dark drink some coffee, listen to the critters out in the woods. Owls are up

I only remove my ties later into flower once the stems are thicker then they just hold their shape. Do need to keep adjusting them throughout veg tho

Comment

Sorry to hijack this tie-removal, watch-your-hubby-set-himself-on-fire-with-gasoline thread, but quirk you stated you got your bud to 12-15% moisture. How can you tell? Measurement? Experience? I've always cut mine to dry and used Nebula's snap-off-the-little-stems method to tell when to jar. I find your method interesting.
                  2'X4' Nursery tent with Mars Hydro SP150 LED
                  5'X5' Grow tent with 2 Mars Hydro SP3000 LEDs
                  Fox Farm soil and nutes
                  Rain water

Comment

• quirk
                    quirk commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I use the General MM6012.Very accurate.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X