Humidity Packs for Curing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Humidity Packs for Curing

Hi friends. Coming up to my 2nd cure. After the plants dry Ill pop them into a jar for curing. I have 55% two way humidity packs. Will this be ok or should I buy the 62% ? Whats the difference and why do they sell two kinds ? From my understanding they I use them straight after drying? Thanks guys !

Me myself and I dont use them, they tend to leave a taste behind. I'll just say this, mold grows at or above 55% RH.

Comment

McNuggets, I don't use them to cure, I use them after the cure is done. Different boveda paks for different uses: cigars, buds, etc. When you keep the 62% ones in the jar, it's to prolong the cure, because the cure is done below 55%: they are too dry to cure anymore. At least that's what I understand Nebula to be saying.
      Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
      2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
      Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

I only use them after a month of of strategic burping. As previously mentioned, if used earlier they seem to take away the flavor and smell profiles.

Once cured, its preference for storage. 58% packs are slightly dryer and the buds fluff up way more in a grinder. I personally prefer 62%. The buds are slightly damper so they don’t feel as dry snd they don’t fluff up much in a grinder which means my doobies burn super slow which is what I like. I’ve never had a jar go bad during storage with a 62% pack and once cured I don’t open the jar again until ready to use. I’ll shake them around a bit occasionally but that’s it

Comment

I also think buds taste better without using them. As long as you get decent jars and burp regularly you shouldn’t have a problem

Comment

I don't use them at all anymore, nothing but jars and Grove bags for me and the only thing that goes in 'em is bud.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X